Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

Surround receiver/preamp with zone 2 AND mono switch?

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 of 2 OFFLINE   Dan Woodworth

Dan Woodworth

Auditioning

• 4 posts

Posted July 10 2001 - 03:49 PM

I am looking to purchase a receiver or preamp with a surround processor that also has a second zone feature for audio and a mono switch. I will be using the surround processing section with 5 speakers in a bedroom HT set up, but would like a separate zone 2 output (to connect to another power amp) to run two pairs of in-wall speakers in my living room. Since these speakers are spaced rather far apart and have furniture blocking them from certain angles, they provide a better balance of sound throughout the room with a mono input. I have found several good receivers/processors with 2 zones (i.e. Rotel and Adcom units) but none seem to have a mono switch. Any advice on other units available with these features or another fix for my dilemma would be appreciated.

#2 of 2 OFFLINE   Chris Eriksen

Chris Eriksen

Stunt Coordinator

• 85 posts

Posted July 10 2001 - 08:43 PM

Dan,

I would just use two y-adaptors. Sum the pre-outs, and then split the signal for the power amp inputs.

I hope this helps! Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users