Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

Def Tech question/Use LFE hookup or not?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
2 replies to this topic

#1 of 3 OFFLINE   David Nash

David Nash

Agent

• 37 posts
  • LocationLouisville, KY

Posted August 17 2002 - 04:03 PM

I have the BP2004TL's and really like them. However, curiosity is killing me. I have read using the LFE input helps make the 10" subs sound better. Is this true?
I'm looking for opinions from owners that have tried this and the results either positive or negative. It really is a big hassle moving my entertainment center to hook this up, so I thought I'd ask what people think before I try it.
Thanks,
David

#2 of 3 OFFLINE   Terrell

Terrell

Producer

• 3,217 posts

Posted August 17 2002 - 07:05 PM

It certainly made a noticeable difference on my brother's system. But he has BP3000s. The bass it tighter, with better definition. That's the main difference. The subs won't go any deeper using the LFE. But the bass is handled better.

I'd say try it when you have some time on your hands. See if it makes a big enough difference for you.

#3 of 3 OFFLINE   Kris Coffin

Kris Coffin

Stunt Coordinator

• 104 posts

Posted August 18 2002 - 02:28 AM

I have just recently rewired my Def TEch BP2000tl's to use both the LFE and Full range inputs, as well as biwired them. I have noticed a dramatic difference in clarity in the bass, alot tighter, not nearly as fluffy as before. IMO it is worth the upgrade. Try picking up a cheap set of cables from Walmart, if you don't like, or don't see much of a improvement, your out like $10. IF you do do see s big difference, go out and buy a goo set of sub cables, and enjoy.

Kris

Quote:
Probably some local fisherman out for a pleasure cruise, at night, through eel-infested waters