-

Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

Homocide: Life on the Street Petition

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
6 replies to this topic

#1 of 7 Allen Longcor

Allen Longcor

Supporting Actor

• 551 posts

Posted August 17 2002 - 06:28 AM

I just put up a petition for this on DVD because I just can't sit and wait to see if they release this great show on their own. Perhaps a petition will move them to release the best cop show (imo) to ever hit the air waves. This is my first petition and I didn't really know what to say. If you don't like it I can start a new petition or feel free to email me at brujah@attbi.com with revisions. Please tell anyone interested to please sign the petition for this show. As of two months ago when I posted a thread on this subject there was no DVD in sight. Here is the link: http://www.petitiono...d/petition.html

#2 of 7 JulianK

JulianK

Supporting Actor

• 844 posts

Posted August 17 2002 - 09:52 AM

Could one of the moderators correct the thread title, before someone gets the wrong idea! Posted Image

I desperately want Homicide - Life on the Street on DVD. The channel broadcasting it here in the UK lost interest in the series; skipped a few crossover episodes; transmitted the Emmy-winning key episode Three Men and Adena about half an hour later than billed (meaning many fans missed it, due to the graveyard slot scheduling), and eventually dropped the series before showing the final season. I'd love to put the executives responsible in "The Box" for a couple of hours with Munch and Pembleton!

#3 of 7 Richard Ruffner

Richard Ruffner

Stunt Coordinator

• 104 posts

Posted August 17 2002 - 12:32 PM

How about fixing the petition too? Posted Image
I'm half human on my mother's side.

#4 of 7 Allen Longcor

Allen Longcor

Supporting Actor

• 551 posts

Posted August 17 2002 - 12:59 PM

The reason I used the title that way is because that is how it was here: http://www.tvshowson....e=H&StartRow=1

#5 of 7 JulianK

JulianK

Supporting Actor

• 844 posts

Posted August 17 2002 - 01:08 PM

Dude, you spelt it "Homocide", not "Homicide"!

#6 of 7 David Lambert

David Lambert

Executive Producer

• 11,386 posts

Posted August 17 2002 - 01:32 PM

Provide a petition that's spelled correctly, and I'll put a web link to it on TVShowsOnDVD, how's that?

Oh, and I'm not so sure that our listing is necessarily right that Columbia has the rights to that show. I need to check with Gord as to how he knows that. He probably just believed what the dude who submitted the entry to him said. The IMDB doesn't mention Columbia at all...whatsoever. I don't see it listed among Columbia's assets...not that that's a complete list or anything. But take our listing with a grain of salt for now, okay?

And don't forget that there IS a H:LotS DVD release of sorts, but not exactly what you want. It's from Trimark, FWIW. Maybe *they* are the rightsholders:

Posted Image
DAVE/Memphis, TN

...Want to see your favorite show on DVD?

#7 of 7 Allen Longcor

Allen Longcor

Supporting Actor

• 551 posts

Posted August 17 2002 - 03:16 PM

Well I did spell homicide wrong lol. Sorry. I got the Columbia info from tvshowsondvd.com. I'll see if I can edit it.