What's new

ESPN.com College Pigskin Pick'em 2002 (1 Viewer)

Wayne Bundrick

Senior HTF Member
The ides of August are upon us. I can smell the brats on the tailgate barbecue grills. Football season is here.
For the past few years a small group of us have had fun playing the College Pigskin Pick'em contest at ESPN.com. They've just opened up the registration for the 2002 season of College Pigskin Pick'em, and once again I have created the Home Theater Forum group for any HTF members who want to participate in this friendly little competition.
I really enjoyed last year's game, especially since I was the winner. But it wasn't a runaway victory, in the last few weeks of the season Jeff Amaris got past me, only to fumble it away in the last week.
The first week of picks will be locked 10 minutes before kickoff on Saturday, August 31, so sign up and make your picks now. Before you can sign up for the game you need an ESPN.com account. The name of the group is Home Theater Forum and the password to join it is OAR. All HTF members are welcome to join, the more the merrier.
When you sign up and join the group, be sure to reply to this thread to say hello.
Link Removed

Jeff_A

Screenwriter
I really enjoyed last year's game, especially since I was the winner. But it wasn't a runaway victory, in the last few weeks of the season Jeff Amaris got past me, only to fumble it away in the last week.
You're f**king toast this year, Bundrick! ;) I can't wait for the action - count me in! :D

Dheiner

Gazoo
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Dhein
On, Wisconsin!
On, Wisconsin!
Plunge right through that line!
Run the ball clear down the field,
A touchdown sure this time.
On, Wisconsin!
On, Wisconsin!
Fight on for her fame
Fight! Fellows!
Fight, fight, fight!
We'll win this game.
On, Wisconsin!
On, Wisconsin!
Stand up, Badgers, sing!
"Forward" is our driving spirit,
Loyal voices ring.
On, Wisconsin!
On, Wisconsin!
Raise her glowing flame
Stand, Fellows,
Let us now
Salute her name!

Oh, yeah........ Hi!

Earl J

Stunt Coordinator
I'm in! Hola everyone. By the way, YOU'RE ALL GOING DOWN!!!!!!!!!!!
UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
;)

Chris Wittry

Stunt Coordinator
I'm in again, if not for anything else than to be able to taunt all of you when the Huskers kick some butt. :D

Wayne Bundrick

Senior HTF Member
Bumping this thread back to the top to remind everyone to sign up and make your picks. The first round begins on Saturday, August 31 so there's just one week left.

By the way, the NFL Pigskin Pick'em is now open and I've created the group there too. This year I set it up so we're not playing against the spread.

Tim Maynard

Stunt Coordinator
I'm in, even though I'm across the other side of the planet, I still watch any Football I can on ESPN...when I get the time

Jeff_A

Screenwriter
John Dhein! Glad to see your playing again this year. I see that your #25 Badgers barely beat Fresno St last night -at home no less!!! :laugh:
Oh well, we Big Ten fans will take non-conference wins any way that we can get them. :D

Wayne Bundrick

Senior HTF Member
Another reminder... The game locks at Noon EST on Saturday August 31. If you haven't signed up and joined the group, or if you have signed up but are still doing your homework before making your picks, time is running out.

And don't forget to play NFL Pick'em and Gridiron Challenge, where I've also set up HTF groups. Those games begin on Thursday September 5.

Wayne Bundrick

Senior HTF Member
Good start to the season. The upset special in Week 1 (other than Colorado State, which none of us picked) was 81.4 big points going to the three people who correctly picked Missouri over Illinois. And about half of us knew what 75% of everybody else didn't know, that Louisiana Tech would beat Oklahoma State.

Tim Maynard, you'd be in first place by 200 points if Florida State and Georgia Tech had lost. That's good gambling, but the bread and butter is correctly picking those 50/50 and 60/40 games.

John, I'd be right there at the top with you if I'd picked Notre Dame. But I'll catch you this week.

David Range

Agent
I'm still kicking myself over the CU-CSU game. I had CSU earlier in the week but switched on Friday. CSU has owned the Buffs the last 4 out of 5 games, but I chickened out
while remembering the shellacking the Buffs gave the Huskers last year. Is Northwestern THAT bad?!? Jeez.
La Tech is a good team and should do well this year.
First Iowa State, then Missouri. Who's next, Kansas? ;)

Chris Wittry

Stunt Coordinator
What happened to this thread? I remember all of the good natured ribbing from last year and was looking forward to handing some out as the Huskers go all the way this year! :D

Wayne Bundrick

Senior HTF Member
You want some good natured ribbing?
1 Amaris Entry, J. Amaris 757 98.2%
2 Fornost Rangers, J. Dhein 698 95.2%
3 Wayne's Wild Guess, W. Bundrick 691 94.7%
4 HuskerLand Dave, D. Range 600 82.5%
5 Amazin' Blue, J. F 523 64.5%
6 Tim's Titans, T. Maynard 520 63.7%
7 Johnson Entry, E. Johnson 509 61.0%
8 Hukt Awn Fonics, J. Mack 483 54.2%
9 Trenton All-Stars, C. Sims 468 50.6%