What's new

Due South is coming! (1 Viewer)

David Brent

Stunt Coordinator
Hi folks,
Due South is on its way, according to a report at this web-site http://www.canadiandvdgroup.com/
"(August 13th 2002) Some Canadian DVD news this morning. Alliance Atlantis will be releasing the complete first season of Due South on DVD. Scheduled to be released on October 29th 2002, the 3 disc set will contain all 22 episodes of the first season. Features and audio tracks are still to be determined at this time."
However, 22 episodes on just 3 disks? Hope these are going to be the same types of dual-sided, dual-layered disks used for MGM's Outer Limits.
Great news, though.
David

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
22 episodes on 3 discs, esp. dual-layer, is fine.
"Mad About You" is putting 22 episodes on 2 discs, so 3 is a blessing by comparison. :)
Thanks for the info! Gord may already know about it, but I'll pass it on. This could be fun to have, even if it's Canadian-only. Videoflicks is a wonderful thing! :wink:

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
Sweet! "Due South" was pretty great all the way through, but that first season was absolutely classic TV. Sign me up!

Marty M

Senior HTF Member
This was one of my wife and I's favorite shows when it aired. They played some pretty good music. I am wondering if all the music has cleared for the broadcasts. I recall hearing Sarah McLachlin for the first time on this show. This will definitely be a buy for me.

Rob T

Screenwriter
htf_images_smilies_smiley_jawdrop.gif

I'll be buying this one!
I hope they put out Once a Thief as well. :)

Kami

Screenwriter
Damn I'm gonna be broke! I can't afford all this stuff while at college!

But Jason is right, the first season especially was classic. I loved that show.

George Cifrancis

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
George
I am still trying to figure out how they are putting 22 episodes on 3 discs? This was an hour long show with commericials, so it is probably closer to 40 min an episode.

The X-Files Season 5 had 19 episodes I think and it was 6 discs. Toss one disc full of extras and that brings it down to 5 discs with just the episodes. Granted, the 5 episode discs do have some extras and I think some commentaries but geez... They have be really packing those episodes in there. I wonder if it will be a low bit rate?

GC

Daniel J

Stunt Coordinator
Well, if they go with 2-ch AC3, with high level compression of the video, it should all fit... But you can bet there won't be many special features. It'd be nice to have at least one episode per season with commentary, but that's asking alot, apperantly.

todd s

Senior HTF Member
Could they be doing half of the first season, like Alliance's other realease coming out "CSI"? That release is only the first 12 episodes.

Vickie_M

Senior HTF Member
Any word on if the pilot episode will be included?
My husband and I also loved this show. I pretty much quit watching network television after it was cancelled (with the exception of a short foray back into it to watch Cupid, which also got cancelled and therefore let me know for SURE that I was a jinx on TV shows).
The music was consistantly great, with artists such as Sarah McLachlan, Holly Cole, and Figgy Duff. The first season was my favorite too.
Can't wait!

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
:confused: We established in the first two posts in this thread that this was Canadian-only. :) And, as I said, it is definately available at Videoflicks, a CA e-tailer.
Well, the more the merrier. Perhaps you should ask a mod to merge your new thread with this existing one?

Marty M

Senior HTF Member
Thanks David. I just passed right over that part of your posting.

FWIW, EntertainMe.com is still a little cheaper. Does anyone know anything about this vendor?

Corey_Smith

Stunt Coordinator
Just an FYI, sorry to bring bad news. I've noticed that Videoflicks no longer has information on the set and isn't taking orders, and EntertainMe has stated that this is delayed with a new street date to follow. :-( I'm very bummed and hope that the wait won't be too long. Wanted to give those interested a heads up.

David Brent

Stunt Coordinator
Aaargh!

Does anyone have connections with Alliance Atlantis, to check out the story with this?

I suppose they might be reacting to the widespread concern that the entire first series is being collected on three disks. Maybe we'll see this reannounced as a six disk set?

David

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks