Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Service Bulletin for Sony KP-53HS30

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 of 1 OFFLINE   Rob Ritch

Rob Ritch

• 46 posts

Posted August 13 2002 - 02:29 AM

I have a HS30 that is about 2 months old. I have already calibrated the set with Avia, and the picture was pretty good, but I know that a focus and manual convergence could improve it. I had purchased a 3 year service agreement, so I placed a service call to have the focus and convergence set. When the tech arrived he confirmed that it did need focus and convergence. He then opened the back and checked the revision on one of the boards. He then informed me that the was a service buletin to replace the "small signal board" He has ordered the board and it is supposed to be replaced next saturday. I have a few questions that I am hoping that someone can help with. 1. I have scoured the internet and cannot find any information about this service bulletin or any other for that matter for my set. Is there a place online where I can get service bulletins? 2. Has any other HS30 owners heard about this bulletin? Has anyone else had this board replaced, and did it improve the picture quality? 3. Does anyone know what the "small signal board" in a HS30 is and what it does? I am pretty particular about my HT, and I just want to make sure that this is a real service bulletin, and not that the tech either did not know how to fix my set, or is just making something up and replacing a board to try to appease me. Any insight that anyone has woudld be greatly appreciated.
Rob Ritch

Quote from SWMBO after seeing first HD football game "Holy crap I can count the grass blades, this is cool" She finally understands benefit of my HT

My Home TheaterMy DVD Collection

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users