What's new

Eddie Murphy Delirious question... (1 Viewer)

Richard Travale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rich Travale
I was just watching Eddie Murphy's Delirious and there is a moment when Eddie is saying something about it being hot. Then someone in the audience says something that just cracks Eddie up. Does anyone know what was said to make Eddie lose it?

Terrell

Senior HTF Member
He was talking about people looking at his a**, and he knew it because his a** would get hot. And I do believe a lady did say take it off.

John_Berger

Senior HTF Member
He was talking about people looking at his a**, and he knew it because his a** would get hot. And I do believe a lady did say take it off.
That's not the part. I know this scene exactly because I've been trying to figure out that line for 15 years or so now.

He talks about it being hot, at which point some guy yells "Take it all off". Murphy's response: "Take it all off? Faggot!"

The line in question happens later on when some woman yells something indiscernable (although it sounds more like a whine) at which point some guy with a rough voice yells out what sounds like two words that sound similar to "F*ck it" or something like that. It's at that point that Murphy and the crowd lose it.

I've been trying for over a decade to figure out what both of those people said to make everyone crack up, but I'll be damned if I can figure it out

Jodee

Screenwriter
On the other part, I'm not sure what the woman says, but the man yells immediately "Shut up bitch!" which is what causes Eddie & the audience to laugh.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Last I heard Eddie Murphy himself owned the rights to Delerious, so if someone could convince him that this would really sell well on dvd, he might do it. OTOH, if he feels that it goes against his new family freindly image, we may never see it, or it might take awhile.
In any case, if and when we do get it I WANT IT UNCUT!!! I mean let's face it, he says some things that aren't exactly PC now in this special...
"Norton! Norton pal come on down I wanna show ya somethin!"

Mark C Sherman

Second Unit
" SHES GOT A MUSTACHE!!!!!!!!!!!!"
"THIS IS MY HOUSE IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT YOU CAN GET THE *&^% OUT"
"LILLIAN THE %^&$* IS FALLING DOWN THE STEPS AGAIN"
:D :D :D :D :D I HAVE THIS ON CASSETTE, MUST FIND THIS CLASSIC GEM

AJ Johnson

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
AJ
On the other part, I'm not sure what the woman says, but the man yells immediately "Shut up bitch!" which is what causes Eddie & the audience to laugh.
Jodee came closest to getting it right.
During the show Eddie Murphy kept saying how hot he was in the leather outfit and everytime he said it some woman kept yelling "Take it off". So when she said it for the 3rd or 4th time someone in the audience yelled "Shut up b*tch" which is what caused Eddie and the audience to crack up. Then Murphy did an improv on the spot and said "You guys didn't know I was a ventriloquist too" ;)

Jodee

Screenwriter
I wish this would come out on DVD, but I heard that Eddie Murphy now regrets a lot of the gay jokes and he probably won't let it come out.

Kimmo Jaskari

Screenwriter
I hope he doesn't chicken out on this and that he does decide to release it. Heck, he could always record an intro to it or something to point out that this was when he was much younger and nastier...

Raw would also be good to get on DVD.

KevinJunkYes

Auditioning
Real Name
Larry W
The woman actually yelled, "Do Mr. Rob", referring to one of his SNL characters. Earlier in the show he explained how he hates when people yell out for him to do random characters & he threatened to end & leave the show if they kept doing it, that's why it was funny when the guy replied, "Shut up b*tch".

KevinJunkYes

Auditioning
Real Name
Larry W
The woman actually yelled, "Do Mr. Rob", referring to one of his SNL characters. Earlier in the show he explained how he hates when people yell out for him to do random characters & he threatened to end & leave the show if they kept doing it, that's why it was funny when the guy replied, "Shut up b*tch".

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.