What's new

I propose that HTF member Steeve Bergeron be.... (1 Viewer)

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
...permanently banned from this forum.
I would like to present to the jury, Prosecution Exhibit "A"...
Link Removed Link Removed
Above, see the signature belonging to Mr. Bergeron, a still image from the film Amélie, which in not OAR!!!
I believe the Misson Statement as well as the guidelines of this forum justify this member being banned, ridiculed, sneezed at, tarred, feathered, and forced to spell his name correctly.
Prosecution rests............

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
Well, I guess I'll have to speak for the defense and point out that the picture might be in its OAR, unless it's a direct screenshot.

/Mike

Steeve Bergeron

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steeve Bergeron
:laugh:
Hey, I'm just trying to save space!
btw, can you capture for me the same picture in its OAR? I'd like to see the difference. Thanks!

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
Hey, it's in OAR. Didn't you notice the gray bars above and below the picture? :D
I realize that in some posts, the bars above and below the picture are white. :)

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Damn! Neil beat me to it!
I don't have Amélie, but I think Seth made a couple captures for Paul Dalmaine. Maybe he could do one for you.
I have a couple more pranks up my sleeve (no more for you though, Steeve) and it is starting to occur to me that my revenge card might be getting a bit full. :D

Paul_D

Senior HTF Member
:laugh: Funny thread.
John, make sure you keep a cap of Sam Morton walking through the pane of glass for your sig rotation. I love that moment. :emoji_thumbsup:

JasenP

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jasen
Perhaps it's a publicity still from an EPK and not a screencap? Hmmm....did y'all think of that?

Acrually:
Steeve, please look into correcting this ASAP or I too will nominate that you get the boot.

Charles J P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CJ Paul
I submit exhibit B: The quote below the MAR'ed image is from another film. Something called the Matrix. I dont know, Ive never heard of it. ;) :D

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
My first reaction was, "HUH?" Finally, I realized you actually know what film that is. I'm impressed. I expect there aren't too many others who could identify it from just that image. For that, I'm posting an mp3 of the same recording of Franz Liszt's Link Removed played by Django, Stephane and CO. that Emmett listens to in the film. It is 783K, which is as small as I could get it without any obvious artifacts. Fortunately it was mono and low-fi to start with. In case any of the "powers that be" are concerned, it is a Public Domain recording.
I haven't captured anything from the "glass" scene, but I do have this one of Sam(antha) Morton doing a pretty good Giulietta Masini impression.
Link Removed
BTW, I didn't realize it until I heard this recording, but Liebestraum #3 has essentially the same changes, and is therefore basically the same song as a particular old Jazz standard. If you (or anyone else) can name that song, I will be truly impressed. How about Vince Maskeeper? Any guesses?

Luis Esp

Supporting Actor
It could be worse. You could tried and hung for the invention of....POUTINE!
Hey, someone has to be made accountable for the atrocity of putting cheese curds & gravy on french fries.
Question...how come french fries are not called frites francais(e)but pommes frites. Just a though, mind you a dumb one. Forgive me if I've incurred any spelling or masculine/feminine errors.:D

Paul_D

Senior HTF Member
I'm posting an mp3 of the same recording of Franz Liszt's Liebestraum #3 played by Django, Stephane and CO. that Emmett listens to in the film.
:emoji_thumbsup: I keep meaning to search out some Django CDs. I really enjoyed the music in the film, and this MP3 has re-confirmed my determination to find some good recordings. Any recommendations?

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Well, I don't know if it is available in the UK, but I have a single disc collection called "Verve Jazz Masters #38" and the definitive six disc collection from Mosaic. Mosaic sells mostly direct online. I don't know if they ship across the pond, but you can always check Their Web Site.
BTW, the soundtrack is probably quite good as well. It is actually Dick Hyman (who does most of Woody Allen's soundtracks) featuring the extraordinary guitarist Howard Alden. Every single one of those "popular" guitarists who get so much recognition and praise are rank amateurs by comparison.

Yee-Ming

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Yee Ming Lim
I'm looking at the other half of John Rice's sig., the quote "What we've got here... is failure to communicate".

my only recollection of this is it was sampled and used on a Guns N' Roses song, words were spoken by a middle-aged or elderly woman, possibly African-American (from the accent). the GNR song is on one of the Use Your Illusion albums, can't remember which one or the name of the track, and I haven't got the discs with me here in the office to check.

can anyone enlighten this doofus as to which song, and where it was originally from? John? (seeing as it's your sig.)

Micah Lloyd

Stunt Coordinator
What we've got here is failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach, so you get what we had here last week which is the way he wants it. Well, he gets it. And I don't like it any more than you men.
Yeah, G'n'R used it at the beginning of their song "Civil War". It's sampled from Cool Hand Luke, the scene John has the screen capture for in his signature. I originally thought it was an elderly woman, too. The "Captain, Road Prison 36", played by Strother Martin, says it after Paul Newman's character is recaptured after an attempted prison break.
Link Removed

Yee-Ming

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Yee Ming Lim
many thanks!
you mean it wasn't an elderly woman who spoke those lines? sure sounded like one. goes to show what tin-ears this noob has... :D
(either that, or it's 'cos I've listened to GNR all my life on mini-compos. now that I've finally got a half-decent system, time to dust off those CDs and give them a spin again...)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks