What's new

Attention Canadian Shoppers (1 Viewer)

Andrew Chong

Supporting Actor
More current bargains are divulged below in subsequent replies...
If you haven't already rushed out to get these:
You can buy Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring for $19.99 at Music World IF you also buy two other $19.99 dvds (selection ranging from Basic Instinct SE to Twelve Monkeys DTS, not bad).
The Simpsons Season 2 set can be had at Wal-Mart for $39.88. Oh, while at Wal-Mart, you can also get Speed 5-Star Collection for $21.88 too.
Good things come to those who wait (a few days).

DavidY

Supporting Actor
LOTR WS DVD is on sale for CDN$21.83 at Real Canadian Superstore. Limited quantity of 1. CDN$24.88 for 2+ quantities. It's likely that this is a limited time offer. Get 'em while you can. I would have picked one up while I was there, but I already ordered it online from Rogersvideo.ca

Dave

Andrew Chong

Supporting Actor
Wal-Mart does it again.

According to the flyer, you can get the Gremlins Special Edition at Wal-Mart for $17.88.

edit: Just paid a visit to Music World. They've got Dinotopia (highly recommended by Ron Epstein) for $19.99!

James Bergeron

Supporting Actor
Music World seems to be a rip off here. EVERY dvd is $2 more than any other store in Town! I've tried like 4 Music worlds. They use to be cheaper than most stores (like a year ago). I went there the other day and they even had the super savings dvd's (you know the ones that are $19.99 everywhere) they were $21.99!

What blew me away was American Pie 2 was $39.99!!! It's like $26 at wal-mart. Jerry Maguire was $39.99 as well again $26 at wal-mart.

I won't be shopping at Music World anymore!

Jeremy Allin

Supporting Actor
You guys may want to check your local Wal-Mart flyer, but mine states that Sopranos: Season 3 is $64.88 CAD on DVD! It's obviously a misprint as this is the VHS price (DVD is suppose to be $89.88). There are no mentions of corrections at this point either. Great deal for anyone in the market for it.

ashley c

Stunt Coordinator
I picked up Sopranos for that price, did a price match at FutureShop just in case in was a misprice! :)

Andrew Chong

Supporting Actor
Friends,
In case you didn't already know, Star Trek: The Next Generation Fourth Season is $118.63 at Wal-Mart. I did a price protection at FutureShop and got it for $117.

DavidY

Supporting Actor
Friends Season 2

CDN$49.99 at Future Shop
CDN$49.xx at Real Canadian Superstore

Blade 2

CDN$26.99 at Future Shop

Star Trek TNG Season 4

CDN$119.99 at Future Shop (price may not be the same throughout Canada...guessing that this price is due to a local Costco).

Dave

Andrew Chong

Supporting Actor
Friends,
I've got a little something different for those interested in computers who will be in the Greater Toronto Area September 27-29, 2002.
Link Removed will be held at the Automotive Building, Exhibition Place, Toronto, Friday 10-9, Saturday and Sunday 10-6.
Regular admission is $9.
Here's the best part of my post.
Usually, you can get a $1 off coupon in the newspaper or the various computer newspapers. Well, now you can get a $3 off coupon Link Removed. Just print it out and bring it to the ticket booth to save a little money on admission. Get it while the link is still active.
Cheers!

Andrew Chong

Supporting Actor
Friends,
I've got another coupon for you.
Until October 31, 2002, you can use it at Sunrise Records to get $2.00 off any CD, Cassette or DVD priced $17.00 or more (limit one per customer, per purchase).

PatrickM

Screenwriter
Have any of you guys checked out www.amazon.ca yet? The pre-orders aren't bad and with coupons such as CANADASMAG5T a new customer can get $10 off a $50 purchase. Plus they have free shipping for orders over $75 before coupons.
I pre-ordered the ET 3 Disc box and the special Spider-Man box set with comics, etc. Not a bad deal at all.
Some of the other pre-orders are less than Futureshop as well including the ST:TNG Season 5 set.
Patrick

Dave Gilbert

Second Unit
Using that coupon posted by PatrickM, I pre-ordered the Kurosawa - Four Samurai Classics boxset from Criterion (Seven Samurai, Hidden Fortress, Yojimbo, Sanjuro) for $97 +tax, with free express shipping.

Four Criterion titles for under $100 CDN!

Jim Spencer

Stunt Coordinator
I put this in Dave's weekly roundup, but not sure how many Canadians read it since it's strictly US stores, so I thought I'd mention this deal here as well.
For fellow Canadians: at Mainlymusic.com if you are an original member you can get Spiderman DVD for $14.99 (Canadian Funds) with free shipping. It will show up at $29.99 with a $15 discount in your shopping cart.Sweet Deal.http://www.mainlymusic.com

Andrew Chong

Supporting Actor
The Blizzard DVD Collection is now available at Electronics Boutique for $24.99. Otherwise, Compucentre has it at the still nice price of $30.99.
Some discussion of this three-DVD set has happened here.

Andrew Chong

Supporting Actor
James Bergeron shared this with us, Austin Powers: Goldmember for $19.63 at Wal-Mart until December 10. I had no such luck yesterday, maybe you will fare better.
While there, I picked up all three new Disney Treasures: Behind the Scenes at the Walt Disney Studio, The Complete Goofy, and Mickey Mouse in Black and White for $23.46 each. Beautiful!

James Bergeron

Supporting Actor
Attention!! Future Shop sale till the 15th, pre-order BTTF trilogy for $39.99 + free shipping!!!!

Wal-Mart has advertised $42.83 for Back to the Future trilogy, I suggest getting there early as they might not have many widescreen copies. I suspect it will be cheaper as well.

Sorry about the $19 Goldmember not panning out, maybe my wal-mart is just great! I also got spiderman for $22 at wal-mart even though all the signs said $24.

So I'm hoping BTTF will be $39 at wal-mart! Although even $42 is great since I see it's $39 in the states!!!

Andrew Chong

Supporting Actor
Thanks for the Die Another Day tip, Joseph J.D. I'm going to check it out.

HMV is having their 2 DVDs for $40 sales campaign again. I visited Toronto downtown yesterday and picked up Atanarjuat, the fast runner and American Graffiti: Special Edition.

Almost chose, but decided against Stargate: Ultimate Edition and Monty Python Live; maybe next time if there is a next time.

Rob Colburn

Auditioning
Joesph,
thanks for the heads up on the deal for Die Another Day. Picked it up at Future Shop using my Shoppers coupon. Shoppers only had the full screen verision so I was able to get the widescreen at Future Shop for the same price.

Thanks again

Jeremy Allin

Supporting Actor
I paid $22 for Animatrix at Wal-Mart...nice find @ Music World though.

Anyone spot the best deals on Black Hawk Down: SE and T2 Extreme anywhere. I'll be checking out Costco next weekend...they're usually pretty good on new releases.

Users who are viewing this thread