Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

Attention Canadian Shoppers

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
248 replies to this topic

#21 of 249 OFFLINE   Andrew Chong

Andrew Chong

Supporting Actor

• 739 posts

Posted June 03 2003 - 04:01 AM

Thanks for the Die Another Day tip, Joseph J.D. I'm going to check it out. HMV is having their 2 DVDs for $40 sales campaign again. I visited Toronto downtown yesterday and picked up Atanarjuat, the fast runner and American Graffiti: Special Edition. Almost chose, but decided against Stargate: Ultimate Edition and Monty Python Live; maybe next time if there is a next time.
ac

#22 of 249 OFFLINE   Joseph J.D

Joseph J.D

Screenwriter

• 2,690 posts

Posted June 03 2003 - 02:35 PM

Here's another one to check out.... For awhile now, Future Shop has had a $7.99 bin near the new releases for Fox and Warner titles, Here's a sample: Tigerland Batman The Movie (West/Ward) Nine Months Soldier Simply Irresistible Bedazzled In Country The Truth About Cats and Dogs ....there are more titles, but I can't remember- I'm guessing the assortment varies depending on which location you go. Anyway, if you are searching for cheap DVDs, there you go.
Recently watched- The Six Million Dollar Man: Season 1, The Solid Gold Kidnapping, Wine,Women and War, The Six Million Dollar Man, Star Trek: Season 2, Zardoz, Royal Flash, Man Of Tai Chi, Inkheart, Ladyhawke, 47 Ronin: 3D, The Killer Elite, 3 Days To Kill, Pitch Black, The Amazing Spider-man 2: 3D, Khartoum, The Babadook

Currently watching- Planet Earth, True Blood: Season 3, Gatchaman: The Complete Series, The Equalizer: Season 4, Tales From The Crypt: Season 2, WKRP In Cincinnati: Season 2, Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D.: Season 1, Game Of Thrones: Season 2, Heroes: Season 2, The Pacific, Burn Notice: Season 1, Battlestar Galactica: The Definitive Collection, The Six Million Dollar Man: Season 2

"I am Arthur Frayn, and I am Zardoz."

#23 of 249 OFFLINE   Joseph J.D

Joseph J.D

Screenwriter

• 2,690 posts

Posted June 04 2003 - 03:52 PM

For anyone interested in getting The Animatrix, Music World has the DVD only version for $17.99......cheapest price that I've seen so far for this title.Posted Image
Recently watched- The Six Million Dollar Man: Season 1, The Solid Gold Kidnapping, Wine,Women and War, The Six Million Dollar Man, Star Trek: Season 2, Zardoz, Royal Flash, Man Of Tai Chi, Inkheart, Ladyhawke, 47 Ronin: 3D, The Killer Elite, 3 Days To Kill, Pitch Black, The Amazing Spider-man 2: 3D, Khartoum, The Babadook

Currently watching- Planet Earth, True Blood: Season 3, Gatchaman: The Complete Series, The Equalizer: Season 4, Tales From The Crypt: Season 2, WKRP In Cincinnati: Season 2, Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D.: Season 1, Game Of Thrones: Season 2, Heroes: Season 2, The Pacific, Burn Notice: Season 1, Battlestar Galactica: The Definitive Collection, The Six Million Dollar Man: Season 2

#24 of 249 OFFLINE   Rob Colburn

Rob Colburn

Auditioning

• 10 posts

Posted June 07 2003 - 01:26 AM

Joesph, thanks for the heads up on the deal for Die Another Day. Picked it up at Future Shop using my Shoppers coupon. Shoppers only had the full screen verision so I was able to get the widescreen at Future Shop for the same price. Thanks again

#25 of 249 OFFLINE   Jeremy Allin

Jeremy Allin

Supporting Actor

• 897 posts

Posted June 07 2003 - 01:30 AM

I paid $22 for Animatrix at Wal-Mart...nice find @ Music World though. Anyone spot the best deals on Black Hawk Down: SE and T2 Extreme anywhere. I'll be checking out Costco next weekend...they're usually pretty good on new releases.

#26 of 249 OFFLINE   Joseph J.D

Joseph J.D

Screenwriter

• 2,690 posts

Posted June 07 2003 - 04:11 PM

No problem guys....I'm always checking for good deals every week. If I find anything substantial, I'll let you know.Posted Image

[quote] Anyone spot the best deals on Black Hawk Down: SE and T2 Extreme anywhere. [quote]

The cheapest price I've seen so far for BHD:SE is $36.99 in the June 6th Best Buy flyer (A dollar cheaper than Future Shop....not exactly a super saver title, is it? Posted Image ) As for T2:EE, $24.83 was the price I saw at Walmart.

#27 of 249 OFFLINE   Jeremy Allin

Jeremy Allin

Supporting Actor

• 897 posts

Posted June 08 2003 - 12:44 AM

I was hoping to order BHD from My.Sony for $17 US but they wouldn't ship to Canada. Posted Image

Thanks Joesph, I'm going to try and post in this thread on at least a weekly basis. Maybe we can get our own little mini-Weekly Roundup-Up going. Posted Image

I'll let you guys know what I find at Costco next week.

Later!

Jeremy

#28 of 249 OFFLINE   CraigF

CraigF

Screenwriter

• 2,390 posts
  • LocationToronto area, Canada

Posted June 08 2003 - 03:44 PM

I'm a "best price" shopper too, since I buy a lot of DVD's. I check the usual stores, but if you order quickly "around" the release date you will often find amazon.ca has the best prices, sometimes a lot cheaper...they seem to adjust prices after they see what everybody else is selling for, usually UP*. So don't skip amazon, their prices aren't "American-based" like they used to be i.e. much higher than we're used to here, especially for sets. For those looking for the new Warner 2-disc SE's, amazon.ca has them for $24.49 each, slightly cheaper than other places, free shipping if you're planning on getting at least 2 of them (i.e. >$39)...I ordered The Right Stuff and Once Upon a Time in America, the only stuff I'm getting this week, the last 3 weeks have been really heavy for me, lots of stuff I wanted... Oh yeah, anybody find Trailer Park Boys for less than $50 (that's what it is at Wal-Mart where I got it)? *Edit: See what I mean, on release day the Warner SE's all went up in price a few bucks at amazon...the trick is to order 2-3 days before release to get the lower price, then cancel early on release day (i.e. at the last minute, before shipping) if you have found a better price in the meantime.

#29 of 249 OFFLINE   James Bergeron

James Bergeron

Supporting Actor

• 831 posts

Posted June 09 2003 - 01:35 AM

Animatrix is $19.99 at Best Buy which is a good buy as well.

I don't get a best buy flyer Posted Image so I have no idea what the prices are like unless I visit the store. Heck I didn't even know the store was open here until yesterday when I visited it (driving by).

They had a few good deals, they the batman movie set (4 movies) for $50.99, they had a few other good sets that were in the $33.99 range for 2 movies.
My Home Theatre, 25,000 visitors and growing faster than ever!

#30 of 249 OFFLINE   CraigF

CraigF

Screenwriter

• 2,390 posts

Posted June 09 2003 - 03:09 PM

Yeah, BB is one of those places that tends to raise their prices a fair bit a week after a DVD is released. I have noticed, locally, that they very very rarely have a better price than Future Shop...anyway they price match with FS, usually just on your say so. Also, FS will price match with amazon.ca, in case you didn't know, because they both have *Canadian* web sites...FS PM's with any Canadian web site. Now I feel really weird saying that FS is a cheap place to get DVD's, they used to be one of the worst places, next to the music stores (HMV is a joke, usually). But if I'm in the mood, and know the amazon and BB prices, I can just go to FS and get the cheapest prices. But I get amazon discs within 1-2 days with no effort, so sometimes I just do that when they're cheapest. Wal-Mart used to be the cheapest place for everything in DVD that they carried, but not much anymore...usually only a few cents cheaper than other good places, if not more expensive. My favorite place to get DVD's and CD's used to be A&B Sound, but everything has changed there this year, especially lately, and their prices suck, as bad as other music stores. New ownership? Whatever, not worth bothering with now, used to be the cheapest place anywhere on the web, and if you live in Ontario you saved the 8% PST too right off the bat. Oh yeah, if anyone wanted The Battle of Britain, amazon.ca seems to have some now, it has been very hard to find in Canada except at ridiculous over-MSRP prices. It was $12 but is $15 now.

#31 of 249 OFFLINE   Phil Levy

Phil Levy

Stunt Coordinator

• 71 posts

Posted June 10 2003 - 02:18 AM

Figured I'd slip this in here too (already posted in PC/Games round up), but Canadians read this and there might be some gamers out there: Nintendo quietly dropped the Gamecube price in Canada to $200 CAD from $230 CAD. Still includes free stuff. Saw this at Futureshop, but I think all the major retailers (Best Buy (well BB for sure, heh), EB, etc.) are doing the same.

#32 of 249 OFFLINE   Joseph J.D

Joseph J.D

Screenwriter

• 2,690 posts

Posted June 10 2003 - 02:49 PM

For anyone who is going after those new Warner SE's (Robin Hood, The Right Stuff, Giant and Once Upon A Time In America), Futureshop is giving a $5.00 instant discount if you buy 2 of those titles at once. Their list price is $23.99 each but with the discount it works out to $21.49 each which ain't too bad.Posted Image

EDITED: To reflect the Futureshop flyer found in Now Magazine and Eye Weekly. An even better deal Posted Image ....just make sure you bring in the ad as the store I went to still has them stickered at $25.99

#33 of 249 OFFLINE   CraigF

CraigF

Screenwriter

• 2,390 posts

Posted June 11 2003 - 09:35 PM

Yeah, and there's the "free" Warner SE DVD offer if you buy 3 of the recent ones. Kinda chintzy, but great if you want 'em all...

#34 of 249 OFFLINE   Joseph J.D

Joseph J.D

Screenwriter

• 2,690 posts

Posted June 12 2003 - 01:33 PM

[quote] Yeah, and there's the "free" Warner SE DVD offer if you buy 3 of the recent ones. Kinda chintzy, but great if you want 'em all... [quote]

Better look at the fine print on that offer...it says 'Offer good in USA only'......yeah, I know - that really blows. I was pissed because I really wanted to get 'The Mission' through this offer. Maybe we should try contacting Warner Bros. Canada to see if they maybe put the wrong sticker on the cases.

#35 of 249 OFFLINE   CraigF

CraigF

Screenwriter

• 2,390 posts

Posted June 12 2003 - 04:16 PM

Good point...I never look at these "stuck on" offers any more since they all blow, never found one that was slightly worthwhile to me. Usually I've already got the "free" DVD's, or I don't want them (if I did, I would have already bought themPosted Image).

[Also, I'm a little down on the inside offers as I've had to "deface" the inserts for POP...and I still haven't got anything back from the ones I've sent in in the last 3 months...but still hopeful.]

#36 of 249 OFFLINE   Jeremy Allin

Jeremy Allin

Supporting Actor

• 897 posts

Posted June 13 2003 - 12:08 AM

Yeah, it seems they purposely make them so very few people will redeem them. This has to be one of the worst offers I've seen. I threw it out even before I found out it wasn't valid in Canada.

#37 of 249 OFFLINE   Rob Colburn

Rob Colburn

Auditioning

• 10 posts

Posted June 19 2003 - 12:36 PM

I just got back from Future Shop where I picked up The Right Stuff and Once Upon A Time in America. I was hoping to get them at the deal listed above. I was very pleased when they came up as 18.99 each, it seems the computer applied the 5.00 off to each of them. Not a bad deal at all. I have seen them for over 30.00 at HMV.

Rob[quote] "For anyone who is going after those new Warner SE's (Robin Hood, The Right Stuff, Giant and Once Upon A Time In America), Futureshop is giving a $5.00 instant discount if you buy 2 of those titles at once. Their list price is $23.99 each but with the discount it works out to $21.49 each which ain't too bad." [quote]

#38 of 249 OFFLINE   James Bergeron

James Bergeron

Supporting Actor

• 831 posts

Posted June 25 2003 - 12:39 AM

Rogers Video has a good deal, 2 Pre-viewed for $15.00 (or $9.99 each). Also there "new" pre-viewed movies are starting at $16.99 rather than $19.99. I went to Blockbuster last night and they had "Darkness Falls" for $19.99, it was $9.99 at Rogers! Gawd Blockbuster SUCKS!
My Home Theatre, 25,000 visitors and growing faster than ever!

#39 of 249 OFFLINE   Jeremy Allin

Jeremy Allin

Supporting Actor

• 897 posts

Posted June 25 2003 - 02:41 AM

I really wish I had a Rogers close to me. I have a Blockbuster. They have about a zillion copies of Master of Disguise for $19.99.

Yee-haw.... Posted Image

If anyone sees a previewed copy of Spirited Away for 9.99 I'd gladly pay you for it + shipping + a little extra.

#40 of 249 OFFLINE   Joseph J.D

Joseph J.D

Screenwriter

• 2,690 posts

Posted June 30 2003 - 02:02 PM

Anybody who is looking to get the 'Enter The Matrix' game for the Playstation 2.....go to Amazon.ca as it is listed at $49.99 - better yet, print the listing out and take it to Best Buy or Future Shop and they will beat that price by two bucks (the result of their 110% of the difference price guarantee). Posted Image Keep in mind that this is ONLY for the PS2 version...all other versions are $10 more at the website.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users