What's new

Just played GT3...WOW! (1 Viewer)

Todd Howlett

Auditioning
I'm a grown man. I'm sitting here hooting & hollering as I play this game! I'm speechless...more to follow...

mike caronia

Second Unit
picked it up today, got the last copy at the store.
graphically, very impressive. play is excellent as well.
the major disappointment for me is the lack of support for the logitech force feedback wheel i already own. the thing i don't understand is that they put in the support on the demo, but not the full game. oh yeah, they're selling a NEW wheel (read, same shit) for another 100 some odd dollars. complete bullshit. greedy bastards.

Frank Tran

Agent
GT3 :)
GT3 with the GT Force Wheel
biggrin.gif

And those showroom car renders
smiley_jawdrop.gif

Love this game!!!!
[Edited last by Frank Tran on July 12, 2001 at 06:23 PM]

Yohan Pamudji

Supporting Actor
GT3 is basically GT2 with prettier graphics. Yeah, there are slight improvements and additions here and there, but overall it's the same game. "Emotion physics" is just marketing hype.
Don't get me wrong--this game is still fun. I played it till 2:30 last night. But it's not a great improvement over GT2.
------------------
This screen has been formatted to fit your movie.

Doug Schiller

Supporting Actor
I agree completely.
The game is awesome and I'm going to put some serious hours into in but...
I'm amazed how the Racing AI hasn't changed from the early days.
You have one super car that you are really racing, then the rest are just bunched up behind it.
After a few races, it seems like the AI are on that ride at Disney World, on rails.
Just once, I'd love to see an AI car wipeout and be so far out of it (like I do all the time).
I'll replay a track over and over again to get a gold, and its always the same car in the lead, winning the same way and time.
I would have called it Super Gran Turismo 2 Lite (because of the less cars).
Doug

Chuck C

Senior HTF Member
My buddy brought his PS2 over, and we hooked it up to my system. WOW!! I loved GT and GT2 to death, but GT3 is the all-time BEST!! It has a 16:9 option which is great with my Sony Wega, the sound is incredible although I wish it had a Dolby D track, and the CARS and Graphics are awesome. Since there is alotta motion, this game would be best if it was progressive, but 16:9 enhanced works for me!
My favortie part is that it's just as easy (of difficult) to handle the driving as the last game! I love my life!
------------------
Chuck
Chuckster's HT Equipment List

Chad Parks

Stunt Coordinator
Chuck, if you have a 4x3 TV, you are going to gain NOTHING by running this game in 16x9.
The whole point of 16x9 enhancement is the make the most use out of 1etterboxed presentations, by not wasting scanlines on black bars.
GT3 IS IN 4x3, thus nothing is gained. The only nice thing about it is that people with 16x9 screens can push a button and run it undistorted on their screens.

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
Im considering getting this game, and probably will. I'm wondering if the opening video has 5.1 support (like the opening to The Bouncer) and if the camera is too close to the cars in 16x9 mode rather than just allow you to see farther out on the sides. If anyone knows who Scooter Jolley is (http://www.scootplex2000.homestead.com is his website), then it should be noted that I am his son, and if you know what our basement is like, then you'll get an idea of what I'll be playing this game on...
Also, I heard that Logitech made a wheel for PC that works with GT3:A-S. Thats what I heard, but I'm not sure.
[Edited last by Morgan Jolley on July 15, 2001 at 12:23 AM]

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Chad Parks, I could not disagree more with your asessment of 'Gran Turismo 3' on a Sony Wega. I've seen 'GT3' on my Wega, and you can't tell me i'm gaining "NOTHING". Do you feel the same way about dvd's on a WEGA, because if you do, your mistaken about not gaining anything.
Yohan Pamudji and Doug Schiller
smiley_jawdrop.gif

This is the most incredibly realistic driving game i've ever seen!
------------------
No Soup For You!
[Edited last by John Williamson on July 15, 2001 at 09:17 AM]

Chuck C

Senior HTF Member
Chuck, if you have a 4x3 TV, you are going to gain NOTHING by running this game in 16x9.
The whole point of 16x9 enhancement is the make the most use out of 1etterboxed presentations, by not wasting scanlines on black bars.
GT3 IS IN 4x3, thus nothing is gained. The only nice thing about it is that people with 16x9 screens can push a button and run it undistorted on their screens.
Chad,
I beg to differ! GT3 IS IN 4:3 and 16:9 selectable in the menu thus GT3 is enhanced for widescreen TVs, and it's obvious that you do not know about Sony Wega's 16:9 enhanced mode which offers the same resoultion as displaying the game thru a 16:9 monitor.
For all you who have played GT3 on a Wega or 16:9 TV, isn't it friggin great!!
------------------
Chuck
Chuckster's HT Equipment List

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Chuck C, I have played 'GT3' on my Wega and it is simply a wonder to behold in 16x9! Thank you for backing me up on this issue.
------------------
No Soup For You!

Van Patton

Second Unit
I own a 24 inch wega in my bedroom (im just a poor 16 year old :)) and I tried 16x9 and didnt notice any difference.
------------------

Alex Spindler

Senior HTF Member
I've been playing it on my 40H80 and it is anamorphically delicious. Truly a sight to behold.
------------------
Bombardment Society - Member

Chad Parks

Stunt Coordinator
Ok, whatever. The game is made to be played 4x3, so you guys are gaining anything, and you're not gettting any extra resolution...

Andy

Grip
Chad, whatever you're smokin' guy i want some! :)
Do you, or do you not understand these statements......
GT3 has true 16:9 support.
GT3 is designed to be played on a 4:3.
GT3 is also designed to be played on a 16:9.
GT3 on a 16:9 shows you more lateral info, i hate to break
it to you buddy, it doesn't drop vertical info off if that
is what you are suggesting.
....too bad you can't see GT3 on our 65" 16:9.....gaining
nothing, yeh right...

Van Patton

Second Unit
NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I wish I had that. I heard about 16x9 on wegas but never knew about it not being on mine. Oh well Ill save the good gaming for our 53' RPTV.
------------------

Jerry Gracia

Supporting Actor
The game is made to be played 4x3,
Absolutly false.
The game is designed to play in both aspect ratios, not just exclusive to one.
I have seen this game running in both 4:3 and 16:9 modes and I must say that this game looks cleaner and more appealing in the 16:9 ratio.
I continue to be amazed by how some people just call this an 'upgrade' from GT2.
You guys should just stick with your old PS1 console and play GT2 forever.
GT3 is a sight to behold.
------------------
LuvLBX
The screen isn't half empty, it's half full.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks