What's new

Did Dave Lambert or other members become studio heads?... (1 Viewer)

todd s

Senior HTF Member
Within the past two months we have gotten over a dozen new tv shows coming to dvd. With rumors of more to come. This leads me to the question....Did Dave Lambert, Gord Lacey or other members of this forum just become studio heads???
All I can say is keep'em coming.
:laugh: :laugh:

LukeB

Senior HTF Member
Keep 'em coming and that means Home Improvement and NewsRadio. Now that it seems that those two studios (Disney and Columbia/TriStar) are committing themselves to releasing TV shows (and some from the 90s) on DVD, these are the two I'd really most like to see right now. Others like ER and Seinfeld, I would love too, but I know there's a demand and if possible, they'll eventually come.
In any event, Dave, make Home Improvement and NewsRadio happen, man! ;) :D

Adam_S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam_S
I'd love to have Home Improvement, Family Matters and TMNT (and I'd buy Full House for my mom as well), what's with ABC and getting some of their shows out?

Adam (who is still trying to figure out where the money for mash season 2 simpsons 1&2, babylon5, sports night (2 copies one as xmas present), and malcolm will be coming from)

Ricardo C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ricardo C
NewsRadio... I'd buy it in half a second. One of the best casts ever.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Dudes, you got it all wrong. If I was in charge, we'd be getting Jason of Star Command first! :laugh:
Neither Gord nor I got promotions lately. But Gord's site is doing VERY well, and why not? TV-on-DVD is HUGE.
I think the success of the pioneer shows on DVD are what has broken the dam here. If it wasn't for the success of Twilight Zone and Star Trek: TOS on DVD, then X-Files wouldn't have come along in their box sets. X-Files begat a bunch of others, of course. Other early TV-DVD successes like Stargate SG-1, South Park, Sex in the City, The Sopranos, Kindred: The Embraced, and The Prisoner all led to the avalanche of stuff we are seeing today.
Note the high level of Sci-Fi in that group. Fans of that genre are truly future visionists. :)
No, the kudos go to each one of YOU who support the idea of TV-on-DVD. Good job to all of you! :applause:
P.S.: I'll mention here that Gord has pretty much taken the week off this week. I'm doing a few things to the database, and he's supported it a bit yesterday when time was free, by adding cover shots and the news item for Mad About You (did you read that...it's hilarious!). But Gord did that in-between moving into a new apartment last weekend, and catching a flight to NYC last night for the wedding of a friend this coming weekend. BTW, that friend is Jason Rosenfeld, who you all know for working to get out the MSCL set! So everyone give their best to Jason! In the meantime, if things look slack at the site for a while, that's why...but I'll be adding new releases, even if things like news items and review postings have to wait until Gord's return. In fact, Gord's got 5-6 reviews of mine to post when he returns! :p)

oscar_merkx

Senior HTF Member
How about The Incredible Hulk with Bill Bixby, after all it was created by Kenneth Johnson of V fame
I think depending on how well the Hulk movie does next year this might happen !!!
:D

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Oscar, that Hulk thing is among the items I mentioned to my Universal contact the last time I sent him a note. He has not commented on that, though. Not yet, anyway...no telling if he will. Like I said elsewhere, I think I've pissed him off with too much contact, too quickly. :frowning:
I *must* learn patience...

oscar_merkx

Senior HTF Member
David
at least you gave it a shot, Universal & Marvel know they are sitting on a goldmine with this. There is already so much out there. Too bad Bill Bixby is not around anymore or he would have recorded at least an interview and at best audio commentary for the tv series. Oh one can always hope
:emoji_thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks