What's new

Help! What series was this? (1 Viewer)

Kurt N

Stunt Coordinator
I have a friend who it seems has seen every episode of every sitcom I've ever see. Last night I asked her what series this was from and she looked at me like I was crazy.

They (couple and--I think--2 kids) are in the husband's home town and he brings her Krispy Kreme doughnuts, which she's never had before. Obviously, he's been talking them up for years and she's not impressed when she finally gets to try one.

Later they eat at a restaurant where he always ate growing up. The waiter never writes down an order, so he tries to place a really complicated order to make him mess up. She orders something very simple which frustrates the hubby. Then, of course, the waiter messes up her simple order and ends up either quitting or getting fired because of it. The husband is now mad at the wife for causing this man to lose his job.

It seems to me, though I'm not sure, that the waiter tries to get a job working for this couple at the end of the episode.

Husband seems like a Tim Allen-Home Improvement type smartaleck, but they were always in his hometown (according to my friend) so this episode wouldn't make sense there.

My other thought was Hearts Afire, but John Ritter's character seems too subdued to try to confuse a waiter. They did own a newspaper though, so his trying to work for them would fit.

I work third shift and this was bugging me all night! Does anyone else remember an episode like this?

TimDoss

Second Unit
I can't help you with what series it is, but I can tell you
you're not crazy... I do remember it.

Mark_B

Second Unit
Real Name
Mark
If I'm not mistaken, this was the old Jeff Foxworthy show. I seem to recall the Krispy Cream from the pilot. He had moved back with his family to his old hometown. I may be mistaken tho.

Mark

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
Email the TV geek from "Beat the geeks" and ask, maybe he knows:
/Mike

Jeff Bock

Auditioning
Here's an episode guide page with summaries of the Jeff Foxworthy Show episodes. Oddly enough, the one show that seems to pertain to this discussion, Season 2's "Where the Donuts Are Good, Not Great" has no description, but I'd bet dollars to donuts that it's the right episode.
Link

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation821
Recent bookmarks