Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

Auntie Mame - digitally restored?

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 of 2 OFFLINE   Gordon McMurphy

Gordon McMurphy

Producer

• 3,530 posts

Posted August 04 2002 - 10:36 PM

Warner's October 1st release of Auntie Mame Posted Image will be a welcome addition to my collection. Filmed in Technirama, the film has unfortunately been badly handled over the years, and I wondering if Warner have used any digital restoration/correction to the film. Even though they don't state if they have used digital restoration on thier DVDs, it is evident that they do, no way is the neg of Them! that clean Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image. What a superb transfer that was - a real surprise. And their upcoming "2 Disc Special Edition" DVDs will hopefully have pristine transfers, especially Cuckoo's Nest. Pity the documentary is not the 90 minute Laserdisc one. Still great stuff though.

Thanks for reading. Posted Image

Gordo

#2 of 2 OFFLINE   Michael Boyd

Michael Boyd

Second Unit

• 278 posts

Posted August 05 2002 - 01:16 AM

i guess you are referring to the Lowery process, Gordon? Like what Kane and North By North West got? Don't know if it needs it. I just saw a print of Auntie Mame in Austin, and the colors as well as the overall condition looked pretty damn spiffy to me. It was a real treat to finally see the film widescreen.
Michael Boyd

Currently enjoying movies in China via itunes on a 13 inch Macbook.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users