What's new

New Hulk Hogan DVD! (1 Viewer)

Kevin J Willis

Stunt Coordinator
Anybody have any info on this? It comes out on August 20th and all I know is that it is a 2 DVD set but that is all the info I've seen so far.

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
You'll have to look at the physical DVD. The WWF(I refuse to use WWE except if I were reviewing one of their titles) never lists full specs for their DVDs

Kajs

Second Unit
Real Name
Kurt
I hope its akin to the Ultimate Jordan DVD with all his best(and worst) matches featuring "Top 10 Leg Drops"

I can't find any features for this anywhere.

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
Is there actually a difference in Hogan's matches? He says so himself that he basically throws rights, gets wailed on, hulks up, does the boot, drops the leg and hits the showers

And he's been doing that for 20 years

Scott_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
According to Link Removed:
WWE: Hollywood Hulk Hogan: Hulk Still Rules
Release: 8/20/02
Length: 360 minutes
MSRP: $29.99
Synopsis: Before he was the idol of millions, before he was Hollywood Hulk Hogan, Terry Bollea was a fan with a dream. But even he couldn't imagine where that dream would lead. No one in sports-entertainment has had quite the ride that Hollywood Hulk Hogan has. For the past 18 years, he has been the single most recognizable person in all the industry. And for the majority of his 25-year career, he has been on the short list of the game's elite, head-lining wherever he went and creating a cultural movement called Hulkamania in the process. This is his story.
Features: 2-Disc Set; 15 Rare and Classic Matches (240min.) spanning Hollywood Hulk Hogan's entire career, including his debut in 1979; Bonus Interviews
They also have a front cover image posted at Image's site.

Romier S

Senior HTF Member
Is there actually a difference in Hogan's matches? He says so himself that he basically throws rights, gets wailed on, hulks up, does the boot, drops the leg and hits the showers
Exactly and considering the era in which he wrestled at his prime and his age right now I would not expect much more. Hogans popularity wasn't ever about his wrestling ability but how he could ignite an arena when he walked in. He had the charisma.
I'll get into a million arguments for saying this but the same thing applies to the Rock (and many other wrestlers in the past). I find Rock's matches to be extremely predictable and I don't particularly find him to be that good of a wrestler (Still worlds above Hogan of course;), but he was a far far better wrestler when the crowd dispised him as Rocky Maivia) but the man knows how to entertain the crowd with his words and his actions.
If anything I am happy that Hogan is being a team player in the WWF (I too hate that WWE crap). I was loathing his return because of his WCW antics but it was great to see the return of the Hulkster and this time a Hulkster who is actually trying to help the product instead of hinder it.
As for the DVD I'll be picking this one up to add to my collection.
Triple H's "The Game" and The Undertaker's "This is my Yard" DVD's are both excellent as well.

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
I agree that Hulk is his old self again. I don't hate Hulk Hogan, and frankly I'm finding his matches more entertaining than Rock's right now. Rock just seems to be walking through his career right now, let's see if he really can make it in Hollywood.
Here's the difference. Every Rock match is the same, except occasionally he steals someone old's trademark move that he hasn't stolen before.
Hulk Hogan is always the same, but it's all his own material.
I love Rock, and I've seen some amazing matches out of him. I just wish he'd stop being so lazy
I miss WWF 1998 :frowning: They need Mick Foley and they need him now

Romier S

Senior HTF Member
Here's the difference. Every Rock match is the same, except occasionally he steals someone old's trademark move that he hasn't stolen before.
..and thats sad. I know Rock can wrestle. I remember back when Rocky Maivia wrestled "The Sultan" in one of the dumbest angles. The thing is Rock carried that match on his shoulders and showed some excellent wrestling abilities. I think he just fell to main event "syndrome". Get to the top and regurgitate the same match over and over again. (With some rare exceptions of course.)

Steve Austin is another prime example of that. Remember that match a few years ago on Raw between him and Benoit? That was Austin at his finest, showing some true mat wrestling ability that we all know is there. Why not show that kind of wrestling initiative on a regular basis? I suppose once you have the fans screaming "What!" there is no need to...but...

Anyway this is a topic for another thread so back to our regularly scheduled DVD talk.

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
The match with the 20 German suplexes? That was a great match

But back to the HH DVD, I really wish the WWF would be very specific in their spec listing. I've passed on pre-ordering a whole ton of titles because I have no clue what's on them

MikeEckman

Screenwriter
While we're on the topic of old school WWF fans...I REALLY want to see some of the old Wrestlemanias on DVD. Specifically WM4 whcih was the one where they did it in a championship tournament style. I have an original Colesium Home video two VHS tape that I got on ebay about a year ago, but the quality of the first tape is very shoddy, and, well, its VHS! :)
As for this Hogan DVD, if its REALLY 4 hours of Hogan material, I'm all over it.

MikeEckman

Screenwriter
FWIW - Im not sure if prices are welcome here, but playcentric.com has this title up for preodrder for $15.35 plus free U.S. shipping right now.

And I certainly hope they dont just release collections of Wrestlemania's, I want the whole thing that was included on the video tape, including the preshow montage, all the Bob Eucker stuff, etc.

Scott_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Someone at DVDTalk posted an alleged list of extras, from Scott Keith (whoever he is):
-Hogan's MSG debut in 1979
-v. Andre the Giant in Shea Stadium from 1980
-Hogan returns from the AWA in 1983
-Hogan trains Mean Gene on TNT
-v. Paul Orndorff (Toronto, 1986)
-v. Andre the Giant (Wrestlemania III)
-Skit with Vince McMahon and Lord Alfred Hayes on TNT
-Hogan/Beefcake v. Savage/Zeus (Summerslam 1989)
-Appearance on All-Star Wrestling in 1982
-v. Ric Flair (Bash at the Beach 1994)
-"Classic Hogan" from TNT
-Interview with Mean Gene
-Hogan/Mean Gene v. George Steele/Mr. Fuji
-v. Undertaker (This Tuesday In Texas)
-v. John Studd (Puerto Rico in a rainstorm)
-v. Nikolai Volkoff (Saturday Night's Main Event, flag match)
-v. Mr. Perfect (SNME)
-Hogan/Andre v. Studd/Bundy (SNME)
-v. Roddy Piper (Wrestling Classic)
-1990 Royal Rumble
-Team Hogan v. Team Heenan (Survivor Series 1988)
-v. Harley Race (SNME)
-v. The Genius (SNME)
-v. Big Bossman (SNME)
-v. Honky Tonk Man (SNME)
-Rock cardboard promo from Smackdown this year
All I can say is "wow!" I watched wrestling from the late 80s to mid 90s (the nWo was when I stopped) and haven't watched it since, but this set is so mine, just for the extras alone!
http://www.dvdtalk.com/forum/showthr...hreadid=228762

DanC

Stunt Coordinator
Pre-ordered my copy a few days ago (thanks to this thread). Count me in as one that can't wait to go through these discs! I'm really surprised they're including so many rare & great matches...I'm one happy Hulkamaniac! :)

Kevin J Willis

Stunt Coordinator
If that list of extras is true, this will be one great DVD. The Hogan-Andre match from 1980 maybe the most rare of Hogan matches, because during the 80's, The WWF never acknowleged this match ever taking place.

Also, I'm wondering about the All-Star Wrestling appearance. Is this the AWA program? If it is, this is another rarity.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks