What's new

Best looking speakers (1 Viewer)

Tommy_N

Stunt Coordinator
Hey guys,

I'm in the market for new speakers. I've listened to Paradigm, B&W, Def Tech & Klipsch. I'm happy with how they all sound. When I have more time I'm going to post my thoughts on them all. Budget is around $1,500 to $2,500

I'm wondering if there are any good looking speakers in that range. So far I really like the look of the B&W, especially with the grills off.

I know Martin Logans look great but they are out of my price range.

Any other suggestions? I'm looking for something different. Of course sound quality is going to be a top priority. Size does not matter.

Thanks

Tom

chung_sotheby

Supporting Actor
Tommy, it depends on what your asthetic tastes are.
Here are a few speakers that I think are just gorgeous
Norh 9.0
http://www.norh.com
AAD 2000 series
http://www.aadsound.com
Revel Ultima Gems
B&W Nautilus
Rockets from Onix
Blueroom Minipod and Housepod
Dynaudio Contour 1.3 SE
Dynaudio Contour 3.3
Gallo Acoustics Nucleus
Amphion Argon II
http://www.soundstage.com/revequip/amphion_argon2.htm
Waterfall Victoriahttp://www.hifichoice.co.uk/review_print.asp?ID=2071
Celestion A2
Celestion AVF 302
http://www.celestion.com/products/en...es/sound1.html
Hope this helps.

John Kotches

Senior HTF Member
Chung,
Good point on the personal aesthetics issue.
I'll try to pick a couple of brands you missed :)
I've always been partial to the looks of the Sonus Fabers. In terms of sheer "it's pretty, it's oh so pretty" they are certainly up there.
Another option might be the Rockets or Divas from AV123.
If they had speakers in your price range, the Avalons are very nice too. I don't think they do, unless the Symbols qualify.
Regards,

Alex Prosak

Supporting Actor
How about the Thiel CS 1.6s? I auditioned them about a week ago and I think they sound fantastic and you can get them in some really nice finishes. I believe MSRP on them is $2390.

Russell _T

Supporting Actor
Onix Rockets or Swans Divas not only look like fine furniture, but sound even better than they look.

Chris Tsutsui

Screenwriter
Martin Logan Aeons go for less than $2000 when they are on sale, even with a maple or oak trim. Team them with a decent subwoofer and they can play better than a lot of speakers in that price range.

Phill O

Stunt Coordinator
I happen to like the look of the old music series
of NHT speakers. I have the model 2.5i and 1.5 .
And I liked the canted front baffel.

Bruce Chang

Second Unit
B&W 800 signature and the rest of the nautalius line

Sonus faber amati homage

Silverline audio sonatina and sonata mk1 (avalon style), sinfonia and la folia mk2s

Avalon

Avantguard

Martice

Screenwriter
I like the KEF Ref line. They are wonderful looking speakers and are some of the best bookshelf speakers that I've heard.

TerryHenson

Agent
Up until recently, my speakers were always wood grained in appearance (30 years worth). My last purchase were some PSB Silver-i's in the gloss black finish. I was apprehensive about how they would look when installed into my ht room. The room has wood beamed ceiling and walls, oak cabinets, and some paneling. Pretty much wood everywhere. :)
Well... the speakers look sleek and sexy, and they give the room a nice contrast that had been missing. They look like musical instruments, ie; a Baby Grand or Fender guitar, instead of more wood which the room didn't need. Now if I could get the wife to dust them more often!
Terry

Sean D

Stunt Coordinator
In my opinion, for the money Link Removed look great. They sound just as good too. :)
The Onix Rockets are real beauties as well.

Paul_Scott

Senior HTF Member
having recently had a chance to see them in person, i'd definitely agree with the Rockets.
most beautiful line i've seen under $2000.
simple, good color combo between the glossy piano black tops and bottoms and the warm, dark rosewood veneer.
Basically a conservative old fashioned look, but there is just enough curve to the body to make them covertly seductive.
i like that they aren't "in your face".

Tommy_N

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks for all the great responses...Now knock it off! Too many choices. :D :D
It's hard to tell w/o seeing them in person. I don't think I like the Rockets or Divas. The ML's are out of my range. The Minipod look cool, but I have a feeling their sound is probably subpar. Dynaudio Contour are also pricey.
Anybody know prices for the Kef line? I can't find any info on their web page.
Also, Russ, how much do those cost.
Thanks
Tom

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks