-

Photo

Imagining and Soundstage reccomendations

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
5 replies to this topic

#1 of 6 OFFLINE   Tommy_N

Tommy_N

Stunt Coordinator

• 131 posts

Posted August 02 2002 - 02:39 AM

Hey guys,

I'm in the market for some new speakers. Presently I'm using Polk's all around and an Energy sub.

I'm looking at B&W, Paradigm, Def Tech, Klipsch.

I've only done casually listening but I'm happy with how they all sound. So I'm wondering speakers have the best soundstage and imaging. Total speaker budget is between $1,500 - $2,500 I'm open to any and all suggestions.

I understand that bookshelf speakers usually image better, but I'm looking for towers.

Thanks

Tom

#2 of 6 OFFLINE   Frank Zimkas

Frank Zimkas

Supporting Actor

• 889 posts

Posted August 02 2002 - 03:19 AM

Check out the Polk Audio Lsi series. You won't be disappointed!

#3 of 6 OFFLINE   Paul_Scott

Paul_Scott

Lead Actor

• 6,546 posts

Posted August 02 2002 - 04:13 AM

the only speakers i've heard (and i'll admit i've really only heard the usual-Klipsch, Mirage, Polk, BA, Def Tech, B&W 604's, Paradigm, etc) that absolutely left me stunned were the Vienna Acoustic Mozarts.
they're $2500 for the two towers and they were at a whole nother level compared to all the others i mentioned.

i don't have enough of a frame of reference to judge mid-ranges, bass response, etc.
the things that i could easily tell about these were the soundstage and imaging qualities.

it was like the speakers, and the very walls of the room disappeared, thats how full the soundstage was.
an amazing experience that i still haven't been able to replicate in any of my other speaker listening excursions.
i had thought that $2500 was just a ridiculous amount of money for somebody in my position to consider spending on something like this, but when i compare them to everything else i've heard under $2000, it just seems a waste of money to go with any cheaper.
i may just have to save up for these after all.

would love to hear if the Haydens or Bachs also share these qualitites.

#4 of 6 OFFLINE   John Garcia

John Garcia

Executive Producer

• 11,540 posts
  • LocationNorCal

Posted August 02 2002 - 04:35 AM

You need a recommendation on Imagining?
HT: Emotiva UMC-200, Emotiva XPA-3, Carnegie Acoustics CSB-1s + CSC-1, GR Research A/V-1s, Epik Empire, Oppo BDP-105, PS4, PS3,URC R-50, APC-H10, Panamax 5100 Bluejeans Cable
System Two: Marantz PM7200, Pioneer FS52s, Panasonic BD79
(stolen) : Marantz SR-8300, GR Research A/V-2s, Sony SCD-222ES SACD, Panasonic BD-65, PS3 60G (250G)

Everybody is a genius, but if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it’ll spend its whole life believing that it is stupid.” – Albert Einstein

#5 of 6 OFFLINE   Tommy_N

Tommy_N

Stunt Coordinator

• 131 posts

Posted August 02 2002 - 10:18 AM

Yes imaging. speling sppeling speeling spelling is not my forte.

Does anyone have any links on the Vienna Acoustic Mozarts

Thanks

Tom

#6 of 6 ONLINE   dpippel

dpippel

Producer

• 3,199 posts

Posted August 03 2002 - 12:21 AM

Sure:

http://www.google.com

Posted Image

But since I've already done the legwork for you: