What's new

Xbox Live Beta? (1 Viewer)

Edan W

Stunt Coordinator
I got this message in my personal email account today from the xbox live beta selection team...they're asking me to fill out a survey at xbox.com for the beta test. Unfortunately I'm at work and I can't get to that site here :angry: . Anyone else get this message? Does it mean I've made it to a short list or are they just asking for more information before starting the selection process? Damn I wish I could fill out that survey!!!

Greg Haynes

Supporting Actor
Edan,

I don't think its a short list because over at teamxbox.com there is quite a few people talking about this email. I got one as well and eagerly awaiting their response back. Hoping to pick me.

JoseEduardo

Second Unit
I received the same e-mail from the Xbox Live Beta Selection Team.
I filled out the survey, in which they ask you questions about your gaming habits and your high speed internet connection/provider. At the end they say they will contact you soon if you are chosen. Seems like they are using this final survey to choose the persons that will get to test the Xbox Live first. I hope I'm chosen!! :):)
Here's more details on the Beta program as stated on the e-mail I got from MS:
"If you're chosen to be on the Beta Team, you must purchase the Xbox Live Beta Starter Pack for $49.95 to participate. With the Beta Starter Pack, you get one year of Xbox Live's intense gaming service, Communicator headset and module, setup DVD, handy reference guide, Beta game(s), including the prerelease, online-only version of NFL? Fever 2003 and more. To say thanks for playing and participating in the Beta, we're throwing in some additional high-speed game play, on us. So you'll play for nothing until the scheduled official launch in November 2002.
An online-only version of NFL? Fever 2003 can be played exclusively during the Beta Testing period. Xbox Live is scheduled to be available in the U.S. in November 2002."

Edan W

Stunt Coordinator
Well, the bubble has burst I guess but deep down I pretty much knew it was just another request for information. Thanks for the info guys, I'll fill that survey out tonight and keep my fingers crossed like everyone else.

Troy LaMont

Supporting Actor
No @$%#$@@!*((%#$#%$W@! email for me! :angry:
I was hoping to be chosen, I guess I'm not the chosen one! :D
You guys that make the final cut, please keep us posted on your thoughts.
Troy
Please

Dave E H

Supporting Actor
I applied - hpe they pick me too. I think they did this before and I filled ou thte survey then too.

I did pre-order my Xbox live kit last night via gamestop (20% off yesterday!! woo hoo!) so I'll be broadband gaming with the PS2 & the Xbox.

Chris Bardon

Senior HTF Member
I too got one of those emails, but I think that the fine print is kind of interesting (hadn't realized that being on the beta meant having to BUY the service). I guess with that large a beta though, you can't really afford to give away that much free stuff.

Somehow I doubt I'll make it in though. Probably something about it being "US Only" or some crap like that. They did have Canadian ISPs listen though, and they're likely to get more broadband users from Canada as well, so here's hoping.

Troy LaMont

Supporting Actor
I recant, I recant. Spoke too soon :b

I was checking the wrong email address, silly me!

Anyway, I thought the survey didn't offer a lot of lee way for other options i.e. time spent playing games, gaming preferences, playing alone, etc. A lot of my answers would have been different than those provided.

Anyway, I gave honest input, not what I thought they wanted, so we'll see.

Troy

Dave E H

Supporting Actor
:D Got the email. We'll see. If I get it, not even sure you're supposed to disclose whether or not you actually get it. Oh well - guess I gotta read the EULA.
$49.95 is kinda steep, but it's basically the same Xbox live kit I'd be buying later, minus the game.
Did anyone else see that in Japan they are getting PSO as their pack in game?????????? Dang!!!!!

James St

Supporting Actor
I got the same e-mail a few days ago and took the survey. I got another e-mail today stating that I have been selected as a finalist. I took one last survey and now have to wait and see if I'm chosen.

ChristopherS

Second Unit
Survery #2's questions are rather simple:

- Have you ever played a game online?
- Would you be willing to play online two hours a week?
- Are connected to MS, XBOX, or a competitor?
- Would you be willing to agree to and sign a NDA?
- Is all the information you have provided true?
- Would you like to be considered for XBOX Live?

Here's hoping.

Chris

Chris Beveridge

Second Unit
Everyone's a finalist!
Seriously, when I saw the question about paying up front for beta, I knew that's how they were going to cut a large number of people from the list. So many people who signed up are the poor HS student or younger.
I'm pretty sure I can open up 2 hours a weekend to play nfl fever against people here who get selected :)

Troy LaMont

Supporting Actor
Ok,
This time before I throw a hissy I'm going to double check the correct email address.
If I don't have the second survey, then I'll throw a hissy!
Look out!
Troy :)

Dave Falasco

Screenwriter
What do you suppose an "online-only" version of Fever means? Does that mean if I am picked I can save my money and not buy the disc when it comes out? Although I will probably pick it up anyway, as I could use the off-line practice.

Chris Bardon

Senior HTF Member
Got email 2 today-I think Chris is right-everyone's a finalist. Not sure how they're going to choose either-if I had to guess I'd say that they'd try to choose as geographically diverse a sample population as possible, but see that would only make sense.

Edan W

Stunt Coordinator
Well, got the second survey as well. I'm also wondering how they are going to thin the herd at the end...in the meantime, I better go out and rent Fever 2002 and brush up, I don't want my butt handed to me night after night if I do get through the final cut.

Thom B

Stunt Coordinator
I got survey #2 as well. I was kinda surprised given that Fever 2k3 is their touted title, and sports titles aren't really my gig, and I was pretty straight up about that in the survey process.

Rumor has it that there will be an initial selection of 5k testers around Aug 20th with another 1k added each week for 5 weeks. Don't give up hope yet!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks