What's new

A Northeast Meet - NEW ENGLAND !!! (1 Viewer)

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
I'm testing the Waters here for forming a NorthEast Meet.
I gotta Believe there would be interest in a HTF meet for us guys in CT,Ma,ME,RI,NH etc. I'm from the Western Mass areas and I have'nt really seen alot of meets in our area. Being New to all this I'm still trying to Formulate how we should go about doing this. I'd be happy to Host the meet but my HT is rather small and I would be stretching it to hold more than 12 people. Perhaps there is a centralized spot to hold the meet. Anyhow I'm trying to Guage interest in forming a meet so please reply to this topic if interested. I'd love also to hear your suggestions.

Gregg Loewen

Founder, Professional Video Alliance
Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gregg Loewen
HI Dave.

Great idea, I edited your header to say New England.

I will try to come (depending on schedule).

If in October I could host, Ill have my second theater done by then, it will be FP but not sure which model. My sonodome will still be up and running too. If this is 2 far north (2.75 hours north of Boston) then I understand. However, the fall leafing season is spectaculor up here in the mountains.

Gregg

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
2nd Theater !!!!!

Why you Lucky.......

October would actually be a good month to do this. I figure we would need some time for planning. Perhaps some other members with larger setup's might step forward and host also, but we can keep your theater in Mind as well, I know I'd like to see it.

Since you've attended meets before you can fill me in what usually happens beyond the chewing of the HT Fat.

So come on New England HTF Members are you interested in a Meet?

Gregg Loewen

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gregg Loewen
Well depending on how many people and location...

Get a couple of early releases to watch, perhaps demo some new or beta gear, eat (and drink) lots...

If in a urban location, perhaps a trip to the local HiFi store (mine is radio shack - if after 6 it becomes Walmart).

Ralph Summa

Supporting Actor
I'd be very interested too. My L/R home theater is even smaller (5-6 people), and I wouldn't put anyone through the torture of listening through my Bose speakers! (I still can't get my wife to jump on the Klipsch wagon!)

I hope we can put this together!

Ralph

Barry BB

Stunt Coordinator
I tried to set one up back in March. There was a lot of interest and I had a date set. But despite my time and effort spent to organize it too many people backed out at the last minute so I canceled it. If this one happens within a resonable distance of the Boston area I would attend.

Barry BB

Stunt Coordinator
I was going to have it in my home, about 16 miles south of Boston. I spent some time and effort emailing people and coming up with an agreeable date that the majority could make. Then the last minute cancellations started rolling in. These things happen so I'm not complaining. I'd love to see an area meeting happen but I think that I'll let someone else try to pull it off.

Is this thread still alive? As a Western MA newbie trying to educate myself about HT, I would be very interested, depending on the date. I will be out of the country between October 13 and November 1, but other than that, I'm there.

Gregg Loewen

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gregg Loewen
Western MA? You are David's neck of the woods. Ill let David chime int

Gregg

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
I would be interested in doing something if we could generate some interest

Ralph Summa

Supporting Actor
I'm about a 30 mins south of Springfield and would be interested in anything going on in Western MA.

Ralph

I'm about 50 minutes N of Springfield. I would be willing to host, but my current HT is nothing that would be interesting to anyone, so that's probably not a good idea. If someone else has an actual HT and is willing to host, I would help with the organizing and anything else that needs doing.

Lincoln

Oh come on, Ralph. That's dirty pool. I see the notice that someone has posted to this thread and I get all excited that just maybe something is happening and ... then ...

Since we're the ones who are keeping this thing alive, maybe we should do something about it. Any ideas?

Ralph Summa

Supporting Actor
Sorry to pull the carpet out from under you Lincoln!
I'd be very happy to host but as I said previously I don't have a huge viewing area. I only count six posters to this thread anyway, including myself. that would be about the max I could sit in front of the TV. We could squeeze spouses in if necessary! Here's a link to my living room theater. I have about a 9 foot viewing distance from the back of the sectional to the TV. So if you sit on the two sides of the couch the viewing is less than optimal. Did I mention I had Bose speakers?
My wife is an incredible cook and we have room to put people up if you have to travel. I'm used to the uncalibrated TV and the Bose speakers. So if you guys can deal with it, My wife and I would love to have you.
Ralph

You're on, Ralph. I appreciate that your wife is an excellent cook, but I'm sure that we can do a planned pot luck to ease the load.

I know that people on this forum don't like Bose speakers so much, but I have the same Acoustimass 7's in my 'HT'. They are really one of the only speakers that can pass muster with the living room aesthetics police.

I guess that I'm about 75-80 minutes from you, so the distance is not a problem for me. I left my email address on your web site. If you really want to do this, drop me a line and we can see what we can cook up.

Lincoln

Ralph Summa

Supporting Actor
Well New Englanders, what do you think? It's certainly not flashy, but I will offer up my modest living room HT for a meet in October/November. The weekend of 10/5 is the only bad weekend for me. We can coordinate it around DVD releases or whatever. This is the first meet I've ever been involved with, so any help from you veterans would be great.

Ralph

P.S. Lincoln, I sent you an email.

Rob Lloyd

Stunt Coordinator
I'm interested. I was hoping to have one in my new house but I have other projects that have to be done 1st.

I'm in CT (Haddam) so Farmington would be great for me.
Most any Friday night would work in Oct. I have plans on every saturday that month. How about the 2nd weekend of Nov? That would give eveyrone enough time to plan and get scheduling conflicts resolved. Plus Lincoln would be back from whereever he's off to.

I can bring my Kit281s, LCC and AV1+'s if anyone is interested in hearing them.

Rob

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks