What's new

Devil May Cry Demo (1 Viewer)

JasonK

Supporting Actor
Well, I just got done playing through this tonight and WOW.
smiley_jawdrop.gif
The graphics are gorgeous, the sound is impressive, and it plays very well. The game seems to be very action-oriented, and parts of it feel like a very amped-up Onimusha. (I think some of the swordplay gave me that impression.) Capcom changed the way you control your character, too. No more RE type control, whatever direction the analog pad is pressed, that's where you run. Dante jumps, too! The few missions on the disc were fairly easy, but it's games like this I bought my PS2 for.
The demo is included with Resident Evil: Code Veronica. I finished that on the Dreamcast, it was one of my favorite games for the system. I haven't played the PS2 version though. I actually just grabbed the DMC demo from work. (I work at a video store, and demo's don't get rented out, to much of a pain to keep track of...but that's another topic entirely.)

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
If you can get game demos, you should play the Metal Gear Solid 2 demo from Zone of the Enders. Its great.
I'm surprised that so many people hate the PS2 yet it seems to have a lot of really good games coming out for it. ICO is already amazing, Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver 2 looks amazing, Final Fantasy X is amazing, and pretty much all of the big titles look very promising and play very well (from what I have read or heard from people who have played demos at E3 or somewhere else). I'm happy I own a PS2 right now.

Romier S

Senior HTF Member
The PS2 is definitely the system of choice right now. They have finally started to release the big name and high quality titles that make owning the system worth it. Heres a list of upcoming games:
Silent Hill 2
Soul Reaver 2
Devil May Cry
Metal Gear Solid 2 (I still drool whenI see this game!)
ICO
Final Fantasy X
Baldurs Gate Dark Alliance
WWF smackdown Just Bring it
Deus Ex
Ace Combat 4
That allot of high quality A+ titles there. Also a majority of these will be released by the end of this year or sooner. Just as you said Morgan...I am quite proud and happy to own a PS2 right now.

Derrik Draven

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Chris
Silent Hill 2
Soul Reaver 2
Devil May Cry
Metal Gear Solid 2 (I still drool whenI see this game!)
ICO
Final Fantasy X
Baldurs Gate Dark Alliance
WWF smackdown Just Bring it
Deus Ex
Ace Combat 4
I want every one of these except for the WWF stuff. It's going to be a great season to own a PS2. Makes waiting for an XBox alot easier.
------------------
"...better to have a gun and not need it than to need a gun and not have it". - Slater, True Romance

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
I can't wait until next year when every console gets a list of A+ titles like the PS2 is getting right now. The only problem is that people won't have enough money to buy all the good PS2 games coming out. I am looking forward to most of the titles listed above (Ace Combat 4, Baldur's Gate, and WWF don't interest me much).

JasonK

Supporting Actor
I've played the Metal Gear Demo, and I still think that is gonna be the game to beat on the PS2 this year. I keep forgetting that Silent Hill 2 comes out in a few weeks, then a few weeks after that come Devil May Cry. There are some really great games on the way, games that I bought a PS2 for. And I'd like to add Parappa the Rapper 2 to the list of must-haves. That is, should Sony decide to release it over here. Here's hoping they do.

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
I agree. I hope PaRappa 2 comes out in America. After the slower sales of Um Jammer Lammy (and the fact that nobody knew it was in the PaRappa series) they might not release it.

Jacob Rohrer

Agent
Not to mention Parappa 2 is mediocre at best. The writing is not cute nor funny this time around, and only about 2 of the songs are 'catchy'. It just does not contain the charm the first one had.
Some might say im biased, and I am. Heck, I am one of the biggest Parappa fans around(I even bought the ultra expensive Toaster). But regardless, Parappa 2 is a major dissapointment.

Jacob Rohrer

Agent
It is in english, subtitled in Japanese, just like the first Parappa and Unjammer Lammy.
My Japanese is not the best, so it works out well for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks