What's new

Paramount - Star Trek (1 Viewer)

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
Hello - Thanks for all the great Star Trek product you are putting out on DVD. I'm really looking forward to the new versions of the films. I really hope a new version of Star Trek V will be considered. I think a lot of dvd consumers would like to see it. Is it being considered?
I'm also wondering about some of the Star Trek tv series. The Next Generation sets are wonderful and very well done. Nice job! Can we expect similar treatment for the other Star Trek series (DS9, Voyager, & Enterprise)?
Is there a timeframe for the other series and when they may be released? Will they be priced the same or lower? I would really like to get some of the other series on DVD. I'm actually still working on The Original Series and have 15+ discs left to buy. It would be wonderful to see lower pricing on the other Star Trek series.
Thanks again.

John Berggren

Senior HTF Member
I'm picking up all future Star Trek releases that are announced. Certainly all the film SE's. V would be most interesting with candid commentary or documentaries.

I look forward to finally giving DS9 a try, and can't wait to pick up some of the seasons of Voyager. If Voyager was recorded in 16x9, please provide it as such.

Andrew Chong

Supporting Actor
Yes, keep up the good work. The icing on the Star Trek: The Next Generation's cake would be the inclusion of the famed blooper reels.

Megan_A_D

Stunt Coordinator
Tim, the plan for the movies was that they released all the movies in barebones starting from most recent to the very first one where they issued it as a feature packed release and now they're going back forward along the line releasing SEs of all the movies...

V will come out but not til after III & IV have been announced & released.

i forget where I saw this but that bit of news has been around for a long time... and is certainly backed up by the way Paramount's released those movies to date.

Richard Ruffner

Stunt Coordinator
I'd lay even odds that all future Trek will be priced exactly like current Trek. They've proven that they will sell at this price, so I'm betting that is where they will stay.

Megan_A_D

Stunt Coordinator
mere hours after my post... Star Trek III CE has been announced complete with specs & coverart and street date!

Jonathan Perregaux

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jonathan Perregaux
Supposedly, Rick Berman hates blooper reels so don't expect to see anything that cool on a future DVD.

Many actors hate blooper reels too (publicly released ones, particularly) because it makes them hyperaware of their performance from then on, and it's annoying to think that every little mistake you make will be laughed at for all time by millions of viewers. That's gotta mess up your concentration knowing that the last convention you went to, the whole crowd roared at you making an ass of yourself when you were trying so hard to be good.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks