Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

Paramount - Star Trek

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 of 8 OFFLINE   Osato

Osato

Screenwriter

• 2,510 posts

Posted July 23 2002 - 02:48 PM

Hello - Thanks for all the great Star Trek product you are putting out on DVD. I'm really looking forward to the new versions of the films. I really hope a new version of Star Trek V will be considered. I think a lot of dvd consumers would like to see it. Is it being considered? I'm also wondering about some of the Star Trek tv series. The Next Generation sets are wonderful and very well done. Nice job! Can we expect similar treatment for the other Star Trek series (DS9, Voyager, & Enterprise)? Is there a timeframe for the other series and when they may be released? Will they be priced the same or lower? I would really like to get some of the other series on DVD. I'm actually still working on The Original Series and have 15+ discs left to buy. It would be wonderful to see lower pricing on the other Star Trek series. Thanks again.

#2 of 8 OFFLINE   John Berggren

John Berggren

Producer

• 3,245 posts

Posted July 24 2002 - 01:21 AM

I'm picking up all future Star Trek releases that are announced. Certainly all the film SE's. V would be most interesting with candid commentary or documentaries. I look forward to finally giving DS9 a try, and can't wait to pick up some of the seasons of Voyager. If Voyager was recorded in 16x9, please provide it as such.
Support the fight against Multiple Sclerosis as I ride in the 2007 MS 150 in New Bern this September.

Be a Widescreen Advocate

#3 of 8 OFFLINE   Andrew Chong

Andrew Chong

Supporting Actor

• 739 posts

Posted July 24 2002 - 04:12 AM

Yes, keep up the good work. The icing on the Star Trek: The Next Generation's cake would be the inclusion of the famed blooper reels.
ac

#4 of 8 OFFLINE   Megan_A_D

Megan_A_D

Stunt Coordinator

• 98 posts

Posted July 24 2002 - 04:28 AM

Tim, the plan for the movies was that they released all the movies in barebones starting from most recent to the very first one where they issued it as a feature packed release and now they're going back forward along the line releasing SEs of all the movies... V will come out but not til after III & IV have been announced & released. i forget where I saw this but that bit of news has been around for a long time... and is certainly backed up by the way Paramount's released those movies to date.
My DVD Pile

#5 of 8 OFFLINE   Richard Ruffner

Richard Ruffner

Stunt Coordinator

• 104 posts

Posted July 24 2002 - 03:15 PM

I'd lay even odds that all future Trek will be priced exactly like current Trek. They've proven that they will sell at this price, so I'm betting that is where they will stay.
I'm half human on my mother's side.

#6 of 8 OFFLINE   Megan_A_D

Megan_A_D

Stunt Coordinator

• 98 posts

Posted July 25 2002 - 05:16 AM

mere hours after my post... Star Trek III CE has been announced complete with specs & coverart and street date!
My DVD Pile

#7 of 8 OFFLINE   Jonathan Perregaux

Jonathan Perregaux

Supporting Actor

• 909 posts

Posted July 31 2002 - 02:36 AM

Supposedly, Rick Berman hates blooper reels so don't expect to see anything that cool on a future DVD. Many actors hate blooper reels too (publicly released ones, particularly) because it makes them hyperaware of their performance from then on, and it's annoying to think that every little mistake you make will be laughed at for all time by millions of viewers. That's gotta mess up your concentration knowing that the last convention you went to, the whole crowd roared at you making an ass of yourself when you were trying so hard to be good.
My DVDs

#8 of 8 OFFLINE   Andrew Chong

Andrew Chong

Supporting Actor

• 739 posts

Posted July 31 2002 - 03:28 AM

I never thought of that, Jonathan. Good point!
ac

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users