Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

Extermination

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

#1 of 4 OFFLINE   Tino

Tino

Producer

• 5,340 posts
  • LocationMetro NYC

Posted July 24 2001 - 11:03 PM

Extermination comes out for the PS2 today. I am a sucker for Survival Horror games and I think have played evey one that has ever been made!

The Resident Evil series is the standard by which all these games are compared to and a few like Silent Hill, Onimusha, have come close to their greatness.

Others like Carrier on the other hand......mediocre at best.

I am looking forward to picking this one up today as it sounds very interesting. Sort of a hybrid
of Resident Evil/Metal Gear Solid/Dino Crisis/Onimusha meets John Carpenter's The Thing! Posted Image

I'll post my thoughts later after I have played for a while. Considering the insane amount of time I have contributed to Gran Turismo 3 A-Spec, I am looking forward to a break from all that driving. Posted Image

------------------

Draco Dormiens Nunquam Titillandus.
It's gonna be a hell of a ride. I'm ready. .

#2 of 4 OFFLINE   pitchman

pitchman

Screenwriter

• 1,842 posts
  • LocationColumbia, MO

Posted July 25 2001 - 02:17 AM

Tino, so far, the reviews for Extermination have been mixed, at best. Go to Game Rankings and check out a couple. The general opinion is that this game is a "renter". Apparently, the game has promise, but suffers as a result of numerous flaws. Personally, I'm waiting for Devil May Cry and Silent Hill 2.

Gary

------------------

Gary

#3 of 4 OFFLINE   Dave F

Dave F

Screenwriter

• 2,891 posts

Posted July 25 2001 - 10:41 AM

Thanks for the link, Gary! I've been looking for a good source of reviews.

------------------
- Dave

DVD List
Posted Image

DVD List

#4 of 4 OFFLINE   Tino

Tino

Producer

• 5,340 posts
  • LocationMetro NYC

Posted July 25 2001 - 02:30 PM

O.K, here are my initial thoughts
after an hour or so of playing.

Graphics are O.K, but not nearly at the level that the PS2 is capable of. Lip synching is horrible and the voice talent is expectedly bad. Camera is very annoying so far and is hard to control. Hopefully it get's better.

Unfortunately, this game reminds me more of Carrrier than of Resident Evil, and that's NOT a good thing. The music is actually very reminiscent of Ennio Morricone's music in The Thing..naturally.

So far it's OK...I won't reccommend it as a purchase yet until I've played it a bit more. Thank god for the return policy at EB just in case it doesn't get better Posted Image

PS..Thanks Gary for that link. I was also looking for such a site. Very useful.

------------------

Draco Dormiens Nunquam Titillandus.
It's gonna be a hell of a ride. I'm ready. .