What's new

24: Season One - final art and confirmed specs (1 Viewer)

Bill Hunt

Insider
Hi Everyone!
Just wanted to chime in here real quick to let you know that we just received final cover art and specs for Fox's 24: The Complete First Season (9/17 - SRP $59.98).

The 6-disc set will include all 24 first season episodes in anamorphic widescreen (this is confirmed with the studio - the press release says full frame and is in error), with audio in English Dolby Surround and subtitles in Spanish and English. Extras feature video of Kiefer Sutherland introducing Season One and teasing Season Two, and an alternate ending to the season's final episode with optional audio commentary.
Have a great weekend!

Matthew Chmiel

Senior HTF Member
The box art looks like total crap (I prefer the R2 DVD box art), but I will be purchasing it come September. Too bad it's not in 5.1 like originally mentioned.

Bob-N

Supporting Actor
Aaaah, I can't wait. Only thing is that Kiefer mentioned in an interview (The View as I recall) that were three alternate endings (maybe one of them wasn't shot?). I don't recall if this was discussed in the other thread.

Matthew Chmiel

Senior HTF Member
Only thing is that Kiefer mentioned in an interview (The View as I recall) that were three alternate endings (maybe one of them wasn't shot?).
Well according to lots of sources, there were three endings (two being alternate endings, the third being shown on television).

Justin_S

Senior HTF Member
24 is my favorite TV series of all time, so you can bet your ass I'm gonna be first in line for this set! A BIG thank you to Fox for this set!

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
From what I read, the three endings were:

1) The one on TV.

2) Teri isn't shot and is rescued by Jack.

3) Teri is shot but lives through it.

So two endings lead to the same thing (Teri lives). I'm curious as to which extra ending is on the DVD.

Kenny Goldin

Second Unit
Looks sweet. As Matthew said 5.1 would be nice, but anamorphic widescreen is more important. Plus, the price is right! ;)
Kudos to Fox for a nice and timely release!:emoji_thumbsup:

Richard Ruffner

Stunt Coordinator
Goodness, that cover art looks like crap.
If the releases are identical, I *DO* care about box art. So I'll be buying the Region 2 version, and playing it on my Malata :)

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
Does the box art matter that much? I'd rather not pay anything beyond the regular price for just a different cover.

Rob Lutter

Senior HTF Member
Worst cover art...... ever. :thumbsdown:
But, the quality of the show and (hopefully) the discs make this a must have. I already have it preordered :D

LennyP

Supporting Actor
I don't have any TV channels since 1999 (this is as close to heaven as you can get on earth) but some TV material is awesome and I've only seen 3 mins of '24' and cannot wait for the boxset as well.
R2's box art is worse plus full screen PAL to NTSC conversion has some line jumping in all filters on Malata so I'll get R1

Bob-N

Supporting Actor
Yeah, more spoiler tags please. No big deal because my wife spoiled the end where Teri supposedly (?) dies.
I missed the last episode (doh!) and 7pm episodes due to my doofus friend's brother erased my tape with WWF crap! BTW, my VCR was on the blink at the time hence, had to rely on my doofus friend.

I just pre-ordered my copy today! Can't wait.

Kenneth Vestergaard

Stunt Coordinator
Bob-N,

May I ask what the reasoning is behind asking for Morgan to use more spoiler tags, while you yourself just give away part of the ending as well (without using spoiler tags).

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
The R2 box art is superior, but this is better than the craptastic Buffy cover artwork. At least someone spent more than an hour Photoshopping it.

Fox! X-Files=Good! Rest of TV sets(except MASH&Apes)=Bad!

Content is good tho, so as long as you don't stray into "Real Genius" land I will survive. Why not put up something on your website where people can vote for the art they like the best for future sets? Like you did with POTA?

Choice 1-Artistic
Choice 2-"Look at my Noggin"
Choice 3-surreal

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks