What's new

The Doctor? (1 Viewer)

Tom Gassner

Auditioning
Has anyone heard if this William Hurt movie is coming out anytime soon. It is a great movie , a real tear-jerker.
Thanks.

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
Fine movie, and Hurt at his best. I have a feeling this will flow out of Disney in their next wave of bare-bones Touchstone titles - hopefully in widescreen.

TheBat

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jacob
a very powerful movie both with alot of heart and humor.. a much better movie then the harrison ford film regrding henry.. both released the same year.

JACOB

Jon Hertzberg

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jonathan
This is one that I first caught in the middle of a Sunday afternoon on tv, and I was drawn right into it. I saw it again on tv a couple of years later and I enjoyed it just as much. William Hurt is at his finest, in one of the last high-profile films I can remember him being the "star of the show." He's had some supporting bits in Hollywood, indie, and foreign films and some leads on cable, but he's not a "top-of-the-marquee actor" anymore. I think a lot of that is by choice, though. And Elizabeth Perkins is a wonderful, under utilized actress who is at her best here.

I fear, though, that this is destined to be another bare-bones, full-frame Buena Vista release.

Incidentally, another one of those great "catch it on cable" surprises is EYEWITNESS also starring Hurt. I would like to see a DVD of this as well. It's a FOX release and the great cast includes Sigourney Weaver, James Woods, Christopher Plummer, Morgan Freeman, Kenneth McMillan, Pamela Reed, Irene Worth, and Steven Hill ("Law & Order").

Jon

BrianP

Supporting Actor
I don't know why the DVD was delayed but it appears it's going to finally be released next week. However I can't find any information if the disc will be widescreen or anamorphic. All the sites I checked didn't have any specific details. Anyone see any reviews for the Doctor or have a copy to comment about?

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I received my dvd early and the website was wrong about this title being anamorphic.:frowning:
Crawdaddy

BrianP

Supporting Actor
Is it even widescreen? I own a copy of the Doctor on laserdisc but so far it doesn't sound like the DVD version is worth purchasing for an upgrade. Thanks for nothing Buena Vista.:angry: :thumbsdown:

Joel Vardy

Supporting Actor
I've been anticipating this title for some years. Too bad Buena Vista is releasing titles non-anamorphically at this stage of the DVD product lifecycle :thumbsdown: .
Joel

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks