What's new

Vertigo and Psycho anamorphic DVD petition (1 Viewer)

Patrick McCart

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick McCart
#3.

How are you getting petitiononline.com to do petitions? I've been trying to start one, but they keep saying their server is upgrading or something.

Rain

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rain

But in all honesty, as non-anamorphic transfers go, these are both excellent. However, I'm always up for a rebuy if the video quality can be improved upon.

nousername

Supporting Actor
How are you getting petitiononline.com to do petitions? I've been trying to start one, but they keep saying their server is upgrading or something.
I don't know. I just clicked on "Create a Petition" and followed the instructions. It also worked for my Lucas petition...

Steve Enemark

Second Unit
While we're asking for a Vertigo reissue, how about the DTS track that was featured theatrically, and on laserdisc? Oh, and the original soundtrack (pre-Harris) would be nice.

Dave F

Senior HTF Member
If anyone has a real world address to write a letter to, I would certainly do that.

-Dave

Craig Beam

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CraB
Dreaded number? If you mean 13, it's me! :D
Hopefully upgraded "ultimate" editions will include isolated Bernard Herrmann scores....

Robert Harris

Archivist
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Harris
Money spent by Universal to re-transfer Psycho and "Vertigo" at this time would be wasted.

The current "Vertigo" transfer was produced at a heavy six figure number via large format with multiple elements.

Both of these transfers are of high enough quality to more than suffice until a higher definition system comes along.

There are better uses for their transfer dollars.

RAH

LukeB

Senior HTF Member
I think you'd know best, Robert. After all, your name is on the DVD credits for Vertigo, man! :emoji_thumbsup: :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks