What's new

Hamburger: The Movie and other cult 80s comedies (1 Viewer)

MikeEckman

Screenwriter
2002 seems to have been the year for the cult 80s movies coming to DVD (Real Genius, UHF, Better off Dead, Top Secret, etc), what about the other lesser known movies like Hamburger the Movie? I remember renting this tape several times as a kid (partly cause of the gratuituous nudity). This movie was in the same spirit of Revenge of the Nerds, but I'd like to see it again in OAR!

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
How about Summer Girls, Fraternity Vacation, Up The Creek and Hot Dog The Movie?:D
The 80s ruled!!

Jesse Skeen

Senior HTF Member
Somebody MUST release the 1983 masterpiece "Getting It On" on DVD- as far as I know it never made it to laserdisc, but is a movie of great historical importance!

Sean Dayton

Stunt Coordinator
Hot Dog the Movie, I would buy it if it was released. I remember seeing all these titles in the two years Joe Bob Briggs first appeared on the Movie channel. I remember that he gave a movie a rating of 2 because "nobody pops their top in this one"

Ivan_F

Grip
Jesse, sounds like a hell of a double feature! Hardbodies 1 and 2 on a flipper perhaps, or do you want all the extras concerning both movies?:D :b
I've always wondered who the hell was that hottie that was in kissing finale of pt. 2? Wow! is all I can say:b :D
htf_images_smilies_yum.gif
:wink:

Brian Kaz

Second Unit
How about The Last American Virgin? (1982)
Kickin' soundtrack, that '80s doll Diane Franklin and the first time I ever heard the word "crabs" described as something other than a crustacean.
Oh, but the worst...ending...ever.

Todd Terwilliger

Screenwriter
Count me in on these overlooked gems. I used to watch a beat-up tape of Hamburger the Movie all the time. The final scenes with the Eating Club and the tourists at the restaurant are among my fondest B-movie memories...

Mark Cappelletty

Senior HTF Member
Ach, it is a sad day when you can't find "Squeeze Play," "Joysticks" or the Showtime favorite "Jokes My Folks Never Told Me" on DVD. Oh, to be 12 again and staying over at a friend's house who has Showtime to watch the latter.

"Squeeze Play" is a Troma title, so it's likely that will show up before long.

Jeff Whitford

Screenwriter
For me it would be:
Valley Girl
Spring Break
Up The Creek
Hot Dog The MOvie "whata the F#%k is a Chinese Downhill"

Mark Cappelletty

Senior HTF Member
I am ashamed that I didn't check to see that "Squeeze Play" is out on DVD. So I humbly substitute "King Frat"
Link Removed
(which I haven't seen, only heard about) instead.

Trevor H

Second Unit
Anyone remember "The Whoopee Boys" (1986) this is the grandaddy of movies like Dumb & Dumber and There's Something About Mary, a true classic :D

Scott Leopold

Supporting Actor
How about the 1984 classic, Night Patrol? Starring Linda Blair, Pat Paulsen, and Murray Langston (the Unknown Comic); with Billy Barty, Andrew Dice Clay, and Pat Morita. At the time, I thought this was one of the funniest movies ever made. I still think the cock fighting scene is one of the funniest scenes ever filmed.

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
:laugh: :laugh:@Joysticks
"Sorry you lost, but maybe its the color of your hair"
If I remember correctly, Tim Robbins was in both Joysticks and Fraternity Vacation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks