Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

Non R-1 discs?

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 of 4 OFFLINE   Matt Butler

Matt Butler

Screenwriter

• 1,921 posts

Posted August 26 2001 - 07:21 AM

What are some good non R1 discs? I was thinking about buying the cheap Apex machine but was wondering if its worth it.

Any advice?
My Blu Rays
http://www.blu-ray.c...ol...=Dj Matt B

Favorite films of all time in no order
1. Zodiac 2. Dawn of the Dead (1978) 3. The Good The Bad and The Ugly 4. Blade Runner 5. The Warriors 6. Dark Knight 7. The Godfather  8. Bullitt 9. Experiment in Terror 10. Raiders of the Lost...

#2 of 4 OFFLINE   Hendrik

Hendrik

Supporting Actor

• 596 posts

Posted August 26 2001 - 08:01 AM

"...some good non R1 discs... "

...ahh... pretty wide field there, fella! I mean, what type of movies do you like?...

...for instance, there's the Australian (Region 4 /PAL) The Interview or the Japanese (on Hong Kong DVD Region 3 /NTSC) Audition or the French (Region 2 /PAL) series of movies by François Truffaut or...

. . . Posted Image . . .

[Edited last by Hendrik on August 26, 2001 at 03:02 PM]

#3 of 4 OFFLINE   Matt Butler

Matt Butler

Screenwriter

• 1,921 posts

Posted August 26 2001 - 08:26 AM

My tastes vary. I know theyre releasing Conan the Destroyer overseas and Terminator SE was done overseas before US got it.

Twin Peaks pilot is supossed to be overseas now isnt it?

These are some examples of what Im talking about. Just wanting to know whats available over there that we dont have.
My Blu Rays
http://www.blu-ray.c...ol...=Dj Matt B

Favorite films of all time in no order
1. Zodiac 2. Dawn of the Dead (1978) 3. The Good The Bad and The Ugly 4. Blade Runner 5. The Warriors 6. Dark Knight 7. The Godfather  8. Bullitt 9. Experiment in Terror 10. Raiders of the Lost...

#4 of 4 OFFLINE   andrew markworthy

andrew markworthy

Producer

• 4,766 posts

Posted August 26 2001 - 08:17 PM

To get an idea of the range of stuff available, try:
www.amazon.co.uk

That will give you a reasonable idea of the stuff available in Britain, and from that follow the leads for the French and Japanese sites.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users