What's new

*** Official "THE CROCODILE HUNTER: COLLISION COURSE" Discussion Thread (1 Viewer)

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
Crikey!! I just watched Ebert & Roeper and they both gave this thumbs-up! Both of them spent large parts of the review doing bad imitations of Irwin's accent.
Yes, it was as embarassing as it sounds. :frowning:

Kami

Screenwriter
I like the show sometimes, but a movie? No thanks! Maybe I'll pick it up when it lands on the $3.99 DVD rack at wal-mart.

Stevie O

Agent
My son (7) and I will go - he loves the TV show, and has even written to the Irwins in Oz (and received a bunch of neat stuff in return).

Sounds like a great way to waste a lazy summer afternoon, and anyone who names their daughter after his dog can't be all bad!

Cheers!

Steve

BradyB

Stunt Coordinator
When I saw the trailer for this my friends and I all agreed to go see it opening weekend, at a late show, and just a wee bit drunk... that is the only way u can take steve for 90 minutes.

Krike

Matthew_Millheiser

Supporting Actor
Two thumbs up from Siskel and Roeper... go figure...

Still, I wouldn't be caught dead seeing this. And that's just personal preference, tons of people love the show. I can barely tolerate five minutes of that great big Schmo.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
This thread is now designated the Official Discussion Thread for "The Crocodile Hunter: Collision Course". Please, post all comments, links to outside reviews, film and box office discussion items to this thread.
All HTF member film reviews of "The Crocodile Hunter: Collision Course" should be posted to this thread.
Thank you for your consideration in this matter.
Crawdaddy

Martin Fontaine

Supporting Actor
I just went to see it and liked it and looking forward to the DVD.

One question I have, don't worry, no spoilers here, is that the AR of the movie was changing throughout, for most of it, it was 2.35 but for some scene (Which were sort of like, watching the TV Show) it was at 1.85 (1.78?) with black bars on the sides.

So will the DVD show the movie in it's OAR (I hope or No Sale) and whenever it switches to 1.78 that it fills a 16x9 screen instead of having black bars on the sides IN ADDITION to the ones at the top and bottom like all the 2.35 movies. For people with Mattes, that would cause problems, but I wouldn't mind matting my screen for a 1.85 presentation and having partially unmatted black bars for the 2.35 parts than having the 1.85 parts way to small.

I just hope they don't avoid that problem by releasing it P&S Only, they better not!

Sean Oneil

Supporting Actor
Martin, no offense, but I sure hope that they don't implement the aspect ratio flip flop idea as you suggested :D
Besides being a pain for those of us who matte our screens, it would probably make the 'TV' snippets look more cinematic then the actual film because they would take up the larger portion of the screen.

Kami

Screenwriter
:laugh: last night I watched a special on the discovery channel about the making of this movie, and I truly believe it will be better than the movie itself. Like i said above, I love the show but the movie just looks ridiculous :) I will give it a chance though (with a rental).

Derek Miner

Screenwriter
Apologies to those who liked this movie, but... This had to be the most ridiculous thing I've seen in a long time.

The trailers led me to believe that this movie would play on just how absurd the premise was, but that's nowhere in evidence in the flick itself. I suppose there's merit in a movie that tries to educate the viewer about the critters of the outback, but WHY OH WHY would I ever want THIS MUCH of it.

There would probably be potential in the action sequences if they weren't so overlong and incompetent. The Irwins are painfully out of their element when having to do something staged, and the "actors" aren't even as realistic as the live animals.

Halfway through the movie, I went into a giggle fit because I just couldn't believe how many awful, awful lines there were (none of them out of Steve Irwin's mouth, mind you). Throw in a couple poop jokes and the lamest fart gag I've ever seen, and well... at least you've got a lame fart gag.

A montage of clips from the actual Crocodile Hunter show over the closing credits proves that there was potential to make this movie exciting, but someone really lost sight of that in the translation.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks