What's new

A Fish Called Wanda SE K-K-Ken! (1 Viewer)

Will K

Screenwriter
According to a thread I read this morning at that "other forum," MGM is prepping a SE of A Fish Called Wanda for 2003. To be included is an extended version of the film(12 mins added), an audio commentary by John Cleese, and other extras. If true, it will be a very happy day for Wanda fans.

Don't call me stupid.

David Illingworth II

Second Unit
That would be a very happy day! I've been enjoying the bargain DVD out there, but I've never heard of any extended version.
What other forum?

Will_B

Senior HTF Member
I just framed my mini-poster (one I got in the mail years ago at the time of the cinematic release) last week; this must be my reward for caring!

Who'd have thunk there was any extra footage around. I'll keep both versions.

RobertCharlotte

Supporting Actor
I think the important thing to keep in mind here is that the central tenet of Buddhism is not "every man for himself."

Jodee

Screenwriter
The London Underground IS NOT a political movement.

I wish I could see this movie for the first time again. I don't think I have ever laughed so hard. BUt I have seen it at least 100 times since and I can pretty much recite the dialogue. I'd be all over an SE.

My all-time favorite comedy movie.

Sean Moon

Senior HTF Member
Don't eat the green ones...they arent ripe yet.

OH NO! ITS K-K-K-K-KEN C-C-C-C-C-COMING TO K-K-K-KILL ME!

And the name is Doug. Doug Manfrenchensenson.

And do you know where you would be without the US of Fucking A?! The smallest fucking province in the Russian fucking empire!

(Sorry, what a great movie.)

I used to box at Oxford.
That's good, because I used to kill for the CIA

oscar_merkx

Senior HTF Member
John Cleese's best performance outside of the Python stuff
How about a group commentary for this
Cannot wait for this one
:D

Jeff Ulmer

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
So will Universal ever release a proper anamorphic OAR version of F-F-F-Fierce Creatures?

Scott Weinberg

Senior HTF Member
Oh happy day! I've picked up the current DVD at Best Buy about a half-dozen times over the past year, and I've always put it back.
And it's NOT because I don't want the movie! I think A Fish Called Wanda is one of the funniest movies I've ever seen. If this report is accurate, picture me dancing.
:)

Christian Preischl

Screenwriter
Real Name
Christian Preischl
Hi,

I hope they're gonna do some retrospective interviews, but I also hope they'll include "John Cleese's First Farewell Performance" which was basically a 50-minute making-of of the film, and it also took a look at Cleese's career. I don't know about the US, but it was released on video by MGM in the UK in 1989.

Chris

Scott_MacD

Supporting Actor
The SE was released in the UK a while back.

Commentary by Cleese, Anamorphic widescreen, 5.1 surround, and a bunch of retrospectives, and a few easter eggs.

Jim_K

Senior HTF Member
So an SE did come out in 2003 though it was only for R2.

Everyone assumed it was for R1.

oh well

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation483
Recent bookmarks