What's new

Second Truffaut Box Set from M2K -- When Will it be Available? (1 Viewer)

Dave B Ferris

Screenwriter
Does anybody know when the second boxset of (R2) Truffaut films on DVD, complete with commentaries, etc., will be available?
With the help of other members here at HTF, I was able to order the first boxset from Cinestore earlier this year.
I highly recommend the first set, and I'm eagerly anticipating the second set.

Does anybody know if the second box set will also be subtitled in english (incl. supplements)?
I'm looking forward to seeing this second box, as the first one is an amazing set for every Truffaut fan.
Thanks
Markus

Ted Todorov

Senior HTF Member
Unfortunately, if you beleive dvdfr.com the August 21 wave of Truffaut DVDs will not be subtitled, and worse, some of them won't be anamorphic.
I hope they are mistaken, but the subtitle situation doesn't surprise me, because the newer Claude Chabrol box has no subtitles.
MK2 probably got screamed at by whichever company holds the UK rights.
Ted
[Edited last by Ted Todorov on July 15, 2001 at 09:37 PM]

I hope, they listed it wrong on their DVD site.
I too was concerned when I saw that the Chabrol DVD set didn't have any subtitles. But even worse would be when they don't release the new Truffaut set in anamorphic widescreen.
I really hope we'are wrong this time.
Markus

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks