What's new

FYI -- Indian Summer Pan & Scan (1 Viewer)

Margo

Agent
I'm so depressed.... I've been trying to get information on the Aspect Ratio for Indian Summer for weeks. I finally just called Disney and was told that this is going to be released in Pan & Scan only. Boo... hiss... They just are not listening to us on this OAR thing... sigh...

Jesse Skeen

Senior HTF Member
Are they going to reissue the laserdisc for those who want it in widescreen? This was shot in 2.35!!

streeter

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
How unfair to the people who made this film. Not only is their film being presented incorrectly, but like with Bluebeard's Ghost and any other MAR title, they will be missing out on some residuals, because I'm not buying this sh*t.

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
MAN THANK-YOU DISNEY(Sarcasam)
You have saved me so much money, about $140 so far.
Earnest Goes to Jail
Can't Buy Me Love
Honey, I shrunk the Kids
Indian Summer
Earnest Goes to Camp
Muppet X-mas Carol
Muppet Treasure Island
Keep up the good work!!(sarcasam)
Note to Admin, can we maybe have an OFFICIAL DINSEY P&S thread, so we can combine all these p&s DVD's??
Just a thought:)

cafink

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Carl Fink
John;

I have a question for you about the upcoming "Ernest" titles.

I've been searching for information regarding the aspect ratios of the four DVDs ("…Goes to Camp," "…Saves Christmas," "…Goes to Jail," and "…Scared Stupid") but it's hard to come by. A post in another thread recently rumored that two of the titles would be full screen releases, while the other two would be widescreen (but only one of them 16:9). Which title gets which treatment, however, was not listed.

I notice in your list of titles NOT to purchase, you list only two of the "Ernest" films. Does this mean that the two you list have been confirmed as full screen, and the other two are widescreen? Or are you simply not interested in the other two in the first place?

Jodee

Screenwriter
There's a bunch of upcoming Disney/Buena Vista titles I want and I hoping they are not pan & scan:

Swing Kids
Betsy's Wedding
Alive

And has Can't Buy Me Love been confirmed as pan & scan? I remember hearing early reports, but were dismissed because BV's site always listed FF as the default spec before the "real" specs got mentioned.

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
Carl,
Here's your best source for Disney/Touchstone DVD titles,
http://video.go.com/support/home.html
but if your going to look for titles, make sure you use the 'search' locator at the top right., and NOT the main video locator.
an to answer your other question, I'm only interested in Ernest camp & Jail movies, if they are not 16x9, I'M NOT INTERESTED!!

Martin Jeeves

Supporting Actor
Is this the Diane Lane / Alan Arkin movie?? If so I have the laser and was hoping to upgrade to DVD. Not so, if it's pan & scan!

Mikko Rasinkangas

Stunt Coordinator
Damn, "Indian Summer" just became my first "buena-vista-want-to-buy-but-it-is-pan&scan-so-I-won't-buy-it" title.

So, keep sending Disney e-mails about wanting OAR even if their current pan&scan releases don't have titles you are interested in, because this pan&scan-only release will eventually happen to a title you want.

streeter

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
I'll complain in person to the Buena Vista reps at the VSDA convention next week. How dare they spit on Jim Varney's grave!!

Michael Martin

Screenwriter
Just another voice saying "NO @#$*ing way!" to a pan & scam version of this movie. It's a sentimental favorite, and a shame that Disney has to crap all over the director's intended view of the story.

I will NOT be buying this title.

LukeB

Senior HTF Member
Most of the $9.99 SRP titles will be widescreen, and many anamorphic. Unfortunately, there ARE P&S casualties, including the 2 afore-mentioned Ernest movies and Indian Summer. But at least even the low-priced "family" titles will be widescreen. Let's hope the same holds true for October's releases.

Jesse Skeen

Senior HTF Member
How are they deciding what to release in widescreen or pan and scan? Just throwing darts at the wall???

DaViD Boulet

Senior HTF Member
Well,

in addition to *not* buying these titles...you all know what to do (see signature).

Do NOT tell them that you're a HTF member or some sort of expert/elitist video nut. Just make yourself sound like a *regular* consumer and that you and your family say NO to P/S.

-dave

Jordan_E

Senior HTF Member
Jeez, I just watched my old LD of this movie and thought to myself 'Can't wait to see it on DVD,' but now I'm just glad that I have the LD. Thanks for NOTHING Disney!

Scott Weinberg

Senior HTF Member
Man, this is crappy news. Indian Summer is one of those movies that all my friends have seen...separately...on cable...and loved it!
Much like A Midnight Clear, this is one I definitely would have picked up eventually...and now there's no freakin' way.
Heaven forbid any of us ever fall in love with some "little" movie... :rolleyes

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation821
Recent bookmarks