Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

Receiver anomaly?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

#1 of 4 OFFLINE   Boris_V

Boris_V

Agent

• 48 posts

Posted July 09 2002 - 07:28 AM

Greetings!

Something strange happened with my receiver. Suddenly all the controls went dead. The receiver was still working but I was unable to change any settings do to the fact that nothing happened after I pressed a button on the remote control and on the unit itself. I had to turn my receiver off and on again to force it to work normally again. Then I realized that all my adjusted settings were gone, all was set to default values. I’m really upset since the receiver is an Onkyo 595 and is less than a year in my possession. I have always thought that Onkyo produces quality units, not such garbage. What could have gone wrong? Should I return it to the store where I bought it since the warranty is still valid? But I doubt that they will find anything for it works again.

#2 of 4 OFFLINE   LiorM

LiorM

Agent

• 26 posts

Posted July 09 2002 - 07:40 AM

Well, This things can happened due to some electrical interference.
I will say that there is nothing wrong with your reciever.

#3 of 4 OFFLINE   John Garcia

John Garcia

Executive Producer

• 11,548 posts
  • LocationNorCal

Posted July 09 2002 - 07:48 AM

Very possible that it was a voltage spike or drop that caused this, and not a problem with the unit itself (at least I've never heard that one). Do you have any kind of surge suppression for the unit?
HT: Emotiva UMC-200, Emotiva XPA-3, Carnegie Acoustics CSB-1s + CSC-1, GR Research A/V-1s, Epik Empire, Oppo BDP-105, PS4, PS3,URC R-50, APC-H10, Panamax 5100 Bluejeans Cable
System Two: Marantz PM7200, Pioneer FS52s, Panasonic BD79
(stolen) : Marantz SR-8300, GR Research A/V-2s, Sony SCD-222ES SACD, Panasonic BD-65, PS3 60G (250G)

Everybody is a genius, but if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it’ll spend its whole life believing that it is stupid.” – Albert Einstein

#4 of 4 OFFLINE   Boris_V

Boris_V

Agent

• 48 posts

Posted July 09 2002 - 08:12 AM

No, i haven't any surge suppression. Hmm..., maybe it was a voltage problem, who knows. But since i haven't had any problems of this kind with any of my electrical devices so far, i'm sceptical.

Any more suggestions?