Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

Energy subwoofer S8.2 not working?

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 of 7 OFFLINE   Lew.CS

Lew.CS

Auditioning

• 3 posts

Posted July 09 2002 - 01:54 AM

I have recently set up Onkyo 595 with Energy Take5.2 + S8.2 woofer. I connect the subwoofer output of onkyo to the input of sub. When doing a pink noise test using AVIA or amp's internal tone, nothing is heard from the sub. I have check all the settings on the amp and everything seems to be configured correctly. Then when I connect the amp's subwoofer out to the x-over input of the S8.2, I can heard the pink noise tone on the sub using the amp's internal tone. Is there something wrong with the subwoofer? For those who have the simimlar setup, what is the speaker calibration levels on the onkyo amp and the settings of BL and x-over on the sub? Thanks.

#2 of 7 OFFLINE   TimPaul

TimPaul

Auditioning

• 10 posts

Posted July 09 2002 - 02:09 AM

Do you have your speakers set to small on your receiver? If I remember correctly, AVIA sends its LFE test signal out through the left channel as well and you must have your speakers set to small (which funnels <80 MHz to your sub) to hear the test tone. Cheers and good luck. Tim

#3 of 7 OFFLINE   Lew.CS

Lew.CS

Auditioning

• 3 posts

Posted July 09 2002 - 02:16 AM

yes... the speakers were set to small in the receiver... the issue now is I can hear the tone on the sub when connected to x-over input of sub but not when the connected to direct input(using sub's x-over and volume control)of sub...

#4 of 7 OFFLINE   John F. Palacio

John F. Palacio

Supporting Actor

• 576 posts

Posted July 09 2002 - 09:12 AM

" I can hear the tone on the sub when connected to x-over input of sub but not when the connected to direct input(using sub's x-over and volume control)of sub..." If that is the case and you are using the same cable, then there is something amiss with the sub. Make sure you have not overlooked a switch or jumper for selecting crossover or non-crossover operation on the sub.
Best regards.

John
Freelance Video Control Engineer

#5 of 7 OFFLINE   Garrett Adams

Garrett Adams

Supporting Actor

• 931 posts

Posted July 09 2002 - 10:57 AM

If your 8 inch is similar to my soon to be retired eXL:S10 you should have the RCA-to-RCA interconnect to the port labeled XOVER. It's what Energy calls a "Low Level Connection2". The subs internal crossover is bypassed. I've always thought the ports names of SUB INPUT and XOVER were a bit misleading.

#6 of 7 OFFLINE   RussellC

RussellC

Stunt Coordinator

• 97 posts

Posted July 09 2002 - 11:27 AM

I just had a S8.2 sub go bad too. But the problem was within the driver somewhere not the amp or connections.

#7 of 7 OFFLINE   Lew.CS

Lew.CS

Auditioning

• 3 posts

Posted July 09 2002 - 07:19 PM

I believe the problem lies with the sub.. have sent it for repair.. I only have it for 2 weeks..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users