Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

Integra website claim

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 of 8 OFFLINE   RichardMA

RichardMA

Second Unit

• 447 posts

Posted July 07 2002 - 07:59 AM

"There is not a receiver made that can match this unit's sound quality. If you include the DTR-9.1's broadcast-quality video switching, it outperforms all others hands down. And if you're looking for a home-theater centerpiece that will grow with your needs, there is basically only choice - the DTR-9.1. " Are Integras really that much better than other top line receivers, even the top line Onkyo/Denon?

#2 of 8 OFFLINE   Shane Martin

Shane Martin

Producer

• 6,017 posts

Posted July 07 2002 - 08:02 AM

Dubious claims at best. The Onkyo does have the advantage of being one of the few that has software upgradable and does use it but not to a grande extent like Rotel's 1066.

#3 of 8 OFFLINE   Kevin C Brown

Kevin C Brown

Producer

• 5,713 posts

Posted July 07 2002 - 10:08 AM

It's just marketing...
If it's not worth waiting until the last minute to do, then it's not worth doing.

KevinVision 7.1 ...

#4 of 8 OFFLINE   Bruce Cadotte

Bruce Cadotte

Stunt Coordinator

• 98 posts

Posted July 07 2002 - 11:27 AM

[quote]Are Integras really that much better than other top line receivers, even the top line Onkyo/Denon?
Integra is Onkyo next step up with better parts they say so who knows.
[quote] It's just marketing... [quote]
i do not think so,here we are with a receiver that is about 2 years old,still up to date with all the current sound formats(because of updates they promised us and delivered them liked they said they would-unlike others who promised their customers-B&K where is it or Denon-$800.00 for their upgrade Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image )
also the 9.1 meets it power specs better then say the Denon 5803
Integra 9.1 says 130 watts x 7
Tested-5 Channels Driven-126 Watts
Denon 5803 says 170 watts x 7
Tested-5 Channels Driven-138 Watts thats quite a drop
figures are from Sound & Vision
the bottom line i think is that Integra made a claim that could be a little true.

#5 of 8 OFFLINE   Chip E

Chip E

Screenwriter

• 1,166 posts

Posted July 07 2002 - 12:28 PM

Not a receiver made that can match it's sound quality? lol, market hype. Not that it isn't a fine receiver but com'on? anyone can see that!
I'd take a Denon 5803 over an Integra anyday of the week (too damn bright for my taste). Oh, that's right, i did. Posted Image
- Chip

My HT

#6 of 8 OFFLINE   LiorM

LiorM

Agent

• 26 posts

Posted July 08 2002 - 05:29 AM

quote "too damn bright for my taste" O.k Now you're talking. Both 9.1 and 580X basically has the same features and quality. BUT!!! and there is a big one here,They sure don't sound the same. While Onkyo sound "brighter" and very focused and dynamic. Denon receiver sounds "warmer","wider" but a little compressed to my opinion. (I suspect it's the damping factor figure Denon refused to published) but how cares. Personally I don't know any one who likes both Denon sound and Onkyo sound. They sounds so deferent from each other so there is no mistakes here. It's like black and white, sunshine day or rainy day.

#7 of 8 OFFLINE   Tony Lai

Tony Lai

Stunt Coordinator

• 246 posts

Posted July 08 2002 - 11:10 AM

I'm sure Honda and Toyota both claim they make the best cars in the world... True? T.

#8 of 8 OFFLINE   Greg Haynes

Greg Haynes

Supporting Actor

• 577 posts

Posted July 08 2002 - 11:22 AM

The statement is actually real turn off to me. I really dislike companies that say they are the best, and if you buy anything else your not getting the best. How can they say that it outperform all others hands down? How many receivers did they test? What brands are considered all other receivers? I know Integra makes very high quality receivers. I just believe that their statements are too bold IMHO...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users