What's new

Weekly Roundup 7/9 (1 Viewer)

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
[rant]"I'm Not An Actor, I'm A Movie Star!"[/rant]
[c] [/c]
Standard disclaimer: All prices are taken from the websites of each chain, the week of the release (so as to catch any week-of-release sale prices). All prices are subject to change by each chain. Prices and inventory in-store may or may not match the website price. If a price is marked "$_N/A_" in the grid, it means that this title is not shown as available on that chain's website...but it COULD still be in-stores!
[c]
__________TITLE___________Amazon_BestBuy_CrcCity_CostCo_SamsClub
Bat Thumb________________$ 9.99__$ 9.99__$ 9.99__$_N/A___$_N/A_
Big Wednesday - SE_______$14.99__$14.99__$15.99__$_N/A___$_N/A_
The Champ - SE___________$14.99__$14.99__$15.99__$_N/A___$_N/A_
Charlotte Gray - SE______$20.24__$19.99__$19.99__$_N/A___$_N/A_
Don King:Only In America_$14.99__$14.99__$15.99__$_N/A___$_N/A_
Harryhausen Chronicles___$14.96__$17.99__$17.99__$_N/A___$_N/A_
Hart's War - SE__________$20.24__$15.99__$15.99__$18.49__$_N/A_
Innerspace - SE__________$14.99__$14.99__$15.99__$_N/A___$_N/A_
My Favorite Year - SE____$14.99__$14.99__$15.99__$_N/A___$_N/A_
Nosferatu the Vampyre____$22.49__$17.99__$19.99__$_N/A___$_N/A_
Oh, God! - SE____________$14.99__$14.99__$15.99__$_N/A___$_N/A_
Punchline________________$18.71__$14.99__$19.99__$_N/A___$_N/A_
The Royal Tenenbaums -SE_$22.49__$16.99__$17.99__$17.79__$18.28
A Walk To Remember - SE__$20.24__$19.99__$15.99__$_N/A___$_N/A_
Zig Zag - SE_____________$18.71__$19.99__$19.99__$_N/A___$_N/A_
[/c]
* Best Buy: Save $5 instantly with the combined purchase of The Royal Tenenbaums and one of the following DVD movies: Rushmore, O Brother Where Art Thou?, Jay & Silent Bob Strike Back.
* Best Buy: Save $5 instantly with the combined purchase of Hart's War and one of the following DVD movies: A Bridge Too Far, The Great Escape, Paths of Glory.
* Best Buy: A return of the deal "Buy any DVD Player and get 50% off on up to three Disney DVDs on the same transaction". Limited to in-store selection only.
* Target: A Walk To Remember for $17.99; The Royal Tenenbaums and Hart's War for "Low Price". Also worth noting: $14.99 each for Disney's Hunchback of Notre Dame II and American Legends.
* K-Mart: $19.95 each for A Walk To Remember and The Royal Tenenbaums.
* Selected older titles from Warner Bros., HBO, and New Line can be found for $5.99 at Best Buy and $5.88 at Wal-Mart. See this thread for details. I was pleased to get titles like American Flyers, White Sands, Pump Up The Volume, & National Lampoon's Loaded Weapon 1.
The latest markdowns according to VideoTropics web site (DVD Title/Old SRP/New SRP):
-------------------------
None

Marty M

Senior HTF Member
Thanks for the reminder for Big Wednesday. I really have been waiting for this movie. It has some of the greatest surfing scenes in a movie.

John Berggren

Senior HTF Member
Enough space this week for me to go back to Costco and pick up the TNG set I didn't buy last week. Thanks as always.

josh4040

Second Unit
Real Name
Josh
as far as I know there is only one version of royal tennnenbaums and it is the criterion, and for 16.99 it is a steal!

Jodee

Screenwriter
There is only version of Tenenbaums: it is a joint release between Criterion & Buena Vista.

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
At $16.99 I can't go wrong with Criterion's The Royal Tenenbaums! My first DVD purchase in three weeks! Damn, what self control! I guess spending a grand on an acoustic guitar will do that to a person... :D
Thanks again, David!

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I'm likin' the BestBuy offer of Tenenbaums and Rushmore together at $5 off! Haven't seen either movie, but I'm thinking sight unseen might just be the way to go! I know my local BB has a couple copies of Rushmore (CC) on hand. Hope they're still there on Tuesday!
Sometimes ya just gotta live life on the edge! :D
Thanks again, Dave!

Matt Birchall

Supporting Actor
Might as well mention that there is a "$2 off any regularly-priced DVD" coupon in a Warcraft III promotional coupon book at Best Buy right now (if your store has any of those left is another matter).

Anyway, you could use that coupon and take The Royal Tenenbaums all the way down to $14.99, which is quite a deal.

And I know that technically, TRT isn't "regularly-priced" at $16.99, but they've run these types of coupons before, and usually there's not a problem using them on a sale/new-release DVD.

-mwb-

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Had my first experience with BJ's Wholesale Club today. Overall, I wasn't greatly impressed with their DVD prices (as compared to other warehouse clubs), but they did have a good selection and there were some good buys to be had:
Star Trek TNG - Season Boxes $89.99
Pearl Harbor Vista Series $25.99
Harry Potter $16.99
Buffy The Vampire Slayer - Season One $27.99
Gosford Park $17.99
Guilty Pleasure: I'd been searching for months at virtually every retailer for "Outrageous Fortune." I knew it was in print, but no one seems to stock it. BJ's had a whole box. :D

John Thomas

Senior HTF Member
Sweet deal on Royal Tenenbaums, then. Thanks again, Dave.
Let me know when PCU comes out. ;)

FYI: If you order 2+ DVDs from circuitcity.com it's free shipping.

DonRoeber

Screenwriter
Doh! I figured there wouldn't be a good B&M price on Tenenbaums, so I ordered it online, and it's already shipped. I wish I had waited, I would've taken advantage of the Tenenbaums & Rushmore deal at Best Buy.

Matt Birchall

Supporting Actor
At my store, the Criterion Rushmore is all we've had for months and months. It's probably been at least a year, year-and-a-half since I've seen a copy of the original (crappy) Rushmore at my store.

The Criterion version should certainly qualify for the $5 off offer. . .

-mwb-

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
How come no inclusion of imposter the directors cut?
Frankly, because I've never heard of it, because I don't have time to cover every title, and because I don't get paid to do this. :D
Sorry...but for titles I don't cover, everyone is free to look up the prices and share them with the group. It's not a big secret...I just use the websites to look up each title and put them in a simple table. I do it for me, but I share it with everyone. It's gotten to the point where I list lots of titles I have zero interest in personally, but I know lots of HTFers are curious about. So I include them.
But I don't have time to include everything; it's already bugging my wife how much time I devote to this each Sunday!
Now, I have a question myself: Does anyone know if the Harryhausen thing is worth getting? Is it different from the featurettes that are on the DVDs of his movies? How different? Worth $15-$18 different?

SusanO

Agent
Although I too would have liked pricing on Impostor (for David's info it's a sci-fi flick with Gary Sinise Madeline Stowe and Vincent D'Onofrio that's supposedly based on a Philip K. Dick - aka the writer upon whose work Blade Runner and Minority Report are based - short story) it's no biggie that he missed it (it was barely in theaters in January). Retail is a hefty $29.95 and Buena Vista has a minimum advertised price of $19.95 on it (that is if the seller wants Disney to help pay for the ad). I'd try Wal-Mart and the warehouse clubs first for the best brick & mortar deals.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlohaTiger
Recent bookmarks