Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

"Fate is the Hunter" & its presentation Aspect Ratio

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

#1 of 4 OFFLINE   Jeff_HR

Jeff_HR

Producer

• 3,596 posts

Posted July 04 2002 - 03:13 AM

This film was shown on the Fox Movie Channel on 7/3/02, it is a nice Glenn Ford vehicle. FMC presented the film in a Full Frame manner even though this movie is a CinemaScope film. I've never seen it at any time presented in a letterboxed manner. If anyone knows why this movie never gets presented in its OAR, I'd appreciate your insight. It is not as though FMC or TCM or AMC are totally against showing films in their OAR. Thanks for your help.Posted Image
Cogito, Ergo Sum
My DVD Library / The BLOOD is the Life!
Pioneer Elite PRO PDP-111FD - 2/28/2009

#2 of 4 OFFLINE   Jeff_HR

Jeff_HR

Producer

• 3,596 posts

Posted April 17 2003 - 08:40 AM

Is there no one out there who can answer this question???
Cogito, Ergo Sum
My DVD Library / The BLOOD is the Life!
Pioneer Elite PRO PDP-111FD - 2/28/2009

#3 of 4 OFFLINE   Peter Apruzzese

Peter Apruzzese

Screenwriter

• 2,628 posts

Posted April 17 2003 - 10:45 AM

A friend of mine has been looking for a 35mm or 16mm CinemaScope print of this one for years and has never turned one up. Maybe the source material is beyond repair to make a new widescreen version.
"What we're fighting for, in the end...we're fighting for each other." - Col. Joshua Chamberlain in "Gettysburg"

#4 of 4 OFFLINE   lionel59

lionel59

Second Unit

• 453 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, Australia

Posted November 24 2011 - 10:55 PM

This movie has been broadcast in a cropped 1.85 :1 ratio on the Fox Classics cable station in Australia. It has also been released as a limited release dvd in it's correct 2.35:1 CinemaScope ratio by the Twilight Time label