Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

CTHV Press Release: "The Road to Wellville"

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 of 10 OFFLINE   Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein

Studio Mogul

• 43,001 posts

Posted July 03 2002 - 07:59 AM

Oscar Winner Anthony Hopkins and Tony Winner Matthew Broderick Star in ======================= THE ROAD TO WELLVILLE ======================= Premiering Sept. 10 on DVD __________________________________________________ ___________________ Culver City, Calif. (July 1, 2002) -The unbelievably odd world of health-craze huckster and Corn Flakes inventor John Harvey Kellogg comes to life with the talents of Oscar winner Anthony Hopkins ("The Silence of the Lambs") and two-time Tony winner Matthew Broderick ("Brighton Beach Memoirs," "How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying") in THE ROAD TO WELLVILLE. The comedy from director Alan Parker makes its first-ever appearance on DVD Sept. 10 from Columbia TriStar Home Entertainment. Written by Parker (director of "Mississippi Burning" and the Oscar-winning "Midnight Express") from the novel by T. Coraghessan Boyle, THE ROAD TO WELLVILLE features an all-star cast led by Hopkins and including Dana Carvey ("The Master of Disguise"), John Cusack ("America's Sweethearts") and Lara Flynn Boyle ("Men in Black II"). They all populate the more-than-slightly crazy Battle Creek Sanitarium, a combination spa-hospital-and-grand-hotel that is the brainchild of the wacky Kellogg. Into the fray come the sweet-spirited Eleanor, played by Bridget Fonda ("Single White Female"), and her devoted husband Will (Broderick). What they don't realize is that their efforts to improve their health will become a comedic nightmare of ill-timed sexual temptations, mechanical contraptions that would put Rube Goldberg to shame, and highly questionable dietary "breakthroughs." THE ROAD TO WELLVILLE: Columbia Pictures and Beacon Present a Dirty Hands Production. Also starring Michael Lerner. Executive Producers Rom Rosenberg and Marc Abraham. Produced by Alan Parker, Armyan Bernstein and Robert F. Colesberry. Written and Directed by Alan Parker. THE ROAD TO WELLVILLE DVD FEATURES * Digitally Mastered Audio and Video * Remastered in High Definition * Full Screen Presentation * Audio: English (Dolby Surround) * Subtitles: English * Bonus Trailers * Scene Selections * Interactive Menus MPAA Rating: R (for sex-related humor) / Price: $24.95 Original Theatrical Release: 1994 Color / Closed Captioned / 120 minutes DVD #09308 / UPC Code: 0-43396-09308-9

Ronald J Epstein
Home Theater Forum co-owner

Click Here for the latest/hottest Blu-ray Preorders  Click Here for our complete Blu-ray review archive

Click Here for our complete 3D Blu-ray review archive Click Here for our complete DVD review archive

Click Here for Blu-Ray Preorder Release Schedule  Click Here for forum posting rules and regulations

#2 of 10 OFFLINE   Dave_P.

Dave_P.

Supporting Actor

• 983 posts

Posted July 03 2002 - 08:24 AM

And the Pan & Scan downward spiral coninues. Glad I have the LBX laserdisc already.

#3 of 10 OFFLINE   David Lambert

David Lambert

Executive Producer

• 11,386 posts

Posted July 03 2002 - 08:56 AM

As I predicted. Posted Image
DAVE/Memphis, TN

...Want to see your favorite show on DVD?

#4 of 10 OFFLINE   Larry Schneider

Larry Schneider

Second Unit

• 356 posts

Posted July 03 2002 - 09:21 AM

I won't buy it.

#5 of 10 OFFLINE   Jodee

Jodee

Screenwriter

• 1,044 posts

Posted July 03 2002 - 09:59 AM

It was so nice of them to "digitally master" half the picture for us.

#6 of 10 OFFLINE   Rain

Rain

Producer

• 5,020 posts

Posted July 03 2002 - 11:11 AM

What the hell is going through the minds of the people at Columbia TriStar?

Really, I want to know. I'm dying of curiousity here.

Posted Image

"Imagine all the people, living life in peace..." - Imagine by John Lennon

#7 of 10 OFFLINE   Sarah S

Sarah S

Second Unit

• 332 posts

Posted July 03 2002 - 11:20 AM

I'll just add this to my list of titles to check to see if it's available in OAR abroad. Posted Image
My DVD List
"The sea-monkey has my money."
"The stars are ageless, aren't they?"
"Dude, that goalie was pissed!"

#8 of 10 OFFLINE   Jesse Skeen

Jesse Skeen

Producer

• 4,119 posts

Posted July 03 2002 - 11:40 AM

This disc isn't going in THAT end!
Home video oddities, old commercials and other junk: http://www.youtube.com/user/eyeh8nbc

#9 of 10 OFFLINE   JohnS

JohnS

Producer

• 4,641 posts

Posted July 03 2002 - 11:54 AM

LOST A SALE!!

all-banner.jpg

#10 of 10 OFFLINE   Esten

Esten

Supporting Actor

• 588 posts

Posted July 03 2002 - 11:59 AM