What's new

Tosh 57H82 versus Tosh 57HX81 (1 Viewer)

RickMel

Grip
I know the new Cinema Series 57" (57HDX82)won't be out until Aug/Sept so I'm considering getting the Tosh 57H82 as it should be out any day now. I can't wait much longer !!! The 50H82 is already out.

Does any one have thoughts on how the 57H82 should stack up against last year's 57HX81 ...as far as optics. The H82 is DVI upgradeable so it has that advantage. I guess I'm wondering if the new optics on the H82 models are about on par with the HX81 models overall. If this were the case, it would be like getting last year's Cinema Series minus the anti-reflective screen and slightly nicer cabinet (IMHO) but gaining DVI upgradeability. Does that make sense? If you're getting impatient like I am, maybe it does !!!

Obviously side by side comparison can't be done but the 50H82 has gotten good prelim reviews.

Thoughts ???

Antonio_M

Stunt Coordinator
Well like I stated before in another thread...its not just light features that are new...its great higher end features like DVI and 720P capability on the 82' models :)
Im thinking of the 57 Toshiba 82 but now I noticed Sony's upcoming new HDTV sets which look killer!!! They also do 720P, also sport DVI interface and weigh less and the color of the set is slammin :D (The new Sony design on these upcoming sets make the Toshibas look, look weak)
Choices choices lol
~Antonio

Josh Lowe

Screenwriter
I noticed Sony's upcoming new HDTV sets which look killer!!! They also do 720P, also sport DVI interface and weigh less and the color of the set is slammin (The new Sony design on these upcoming sets make the Toshibas look, look weak)
link?? thanks..

MichaelG

Second Unit
Yeah, lets see some links. I would like to see info about the new Sony's, and the new Toshibas including the 57HDX82.

Anyone with info please post.

RickMel

Grip
You can get some general info about the Toshiba on their website. There have been a number of press releases for both the standard line and Cinema Series.

There is some info about new features but not a lot of details. All the 82's have some significant new features.

Antonio_M

Stunt Coordinator
The Sony HDTV new sets I describe are models: WV600 & WV700
Models can be seen along with all the features the set sports at the last few pages of Home Theater Magazine :)
Unfortunately the Sony site doesn't show them for now. :frowning:
~Antonio

David King

Stunt Coordinator
I don't know about the Toshibas
Same with the Toshibas.
I broke down and bought the 50h82 a few days ago. It will arrive next thursday. The Toshiba 50 and 57 were the biggest TVs that I can fit through my doorway, so sadly, Sonys were not an option for me.
Also, the 82 series'sLink Removed are up at Toshibas website if anyone is interested.

Antonio_M

Stunt Coordinator
I cannot see myself paying $4000.00 for that Sony set! OUCH. It's very expensive I will wait a year or so lol

~Antonio

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks