Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

PS2 Modem.......When is this thing going to be available?

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 of 6 OFFLINE   Michael D. Bunting

Michael D. Bunting

Screenwriter

• 1,836 posts

Posted September 01 2001 - 07:08 AM

I thought it was going to be out when Madden 2002 was released?

I don't know anyhting else about this add on modem? Are there any places online where I can get info?

Thanks

------------------
I WAS DRUGGED AND LEFT FOR DEAD IN NEW MEXICO AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID T-SHIRT

My Home Theater
My DVD Collection
My LD Collection

#2 of 6 OFFLINE   Morgan Jolley

Morgan Jolley

Lead Actor

• 8,187 posts

Posted September 01 2001 - 07:26 AM

I think its supposed to come out in November for $40.

#3 of 6 OFFLINE   Andre F

Andre F

Screenwriter

• 1,492 posts

Posted September 02 2001 - 01:12 PM

Does anynone know if this is going to support broadband and regular modem connections? If so then I better get started running wire through my ceiling. Posted Image
-Andre F

------------------
-= Take your stinking paws off me you damn dirty ape! =-

-Andre F

-= Impossibility is a concept created by those unwilling to try... =-

My Home Theater

#4 of 6 OFFLINE   BrianB

BrianB

Producer

• 5,211 posts

Posted September 02 2001 - 01:49 PM

Quote:
Does anynone know if this is going to support broadband and regular modem connections?

Yes.

At E3, Sony announced the North American release would be a 'two in one' deal - you'll get a BBA & regular modem in the one unit.

Interesting fact: they've just announced in Europe you'll get the harddrive unit 'free' for subscriping longterm to the upcoming "Sony Network" for the PS2...

------------------
Nothing In Particular

high resolution ipod featuring dlp hd programming is the best, almost as good as playstation 2 with wega windows media on a super cd! ps2 and tivo do dolby tv with broadband hdtv!

#5 of 6 OFFLINE   Michael St. Clair

Michael St. Clair

Producer

• 6,009 posts

Posted September 02 2001 - 02:11 PM

Quote:
Interesting fact: they've just announced in Europe you'll get the harddrive unit 'free' for subscriping longterm to the upcoming "Sony Network" for the PS2...

...which could easily be a complete ripoff like the MSN deal is for many people. Still interesting, though.

#6 of 6 OFFLINE   Morgan Jolley

Morgan Jolley

Lead Actor

• 8,187 posts

Posted September 02 2001 - 03:17 PM

In Japan, the modem (with both connection types) was sold together with the HDD for $150 or $145 (external and internal, respectively). In America, the modem is internal and should be around $40. The HDD comes out later at an unannounced price, but I'm hoping its $100 or less.

The Sony Network idea is more like the Sega.net idea than MSN. Those who subscribed to Sega.net got a free DC and keyboard/mouse.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Forum Nav Content I Follow