-

Photo
- - - - -

Your Biggest Pet Peeve

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
89 replies to this topic

#1 of 90 OFFLINE   Shana

Shana

Stunt Coordinator

• 207 posts

Posted June 29 2002 - 04:27 PM

I did a search on this site and didn't find a general pet peeve poll. I found specific pet peeve polls but not one for everyday life. Just what bugs the hell out of you?

When my neighbors use power tools that wake me up early on Sat. morning, that pisses me off. When anyone awakens me, that pisses me off. When they screw up my order in the drive-thru, that pisses me off.

What pisses you off or simply bugs the hell out of you?

#2 of 90 OFFLINE   Howard Williams

Howard Williams

Supporting Actor

• 522 posts

Posted June 29 2002 - 05:14 PM

People at the grocery store that don't leave a path for others proceed.

People that hog a walking path, expecting you to move out of their way.

Anyone, but especially a woman, that doen't say thank you when I hold a door open for them. It also kinda pisses me off when they make no attempt to catch the door themselves.

I'm sure there are more that I'll add later.
"I am not what I am"

#3 of 90 OFFLINE   Rich Romero

Rich Romero

Supporting Actor

• 731 posts

Posted June 29 2002 - 05:17 PM

People talking during a movie or asking questions while I'm trying to watch.
My DVD's "There's no love in fear." - Maynard James Keenan

#4 of 90 OFFLINE   Scott Weinberg

Scott Weinberg

Lead Actor

• 7,482 posts

Posted June 29 2002 - 07:29 PM

I gotta agree with Rich. I like dead silence while I'm watching a movie, and whenever I hear the mumble mumble of people talking it just boils my blood. Posted Image

#5 of 90 OFFLINE   Steeve Bergeron

Steeve Bergeron

Screenwriter

• 2,541 posts

Posted June 29 2002 - 07:33 PM

I'll third that. Extremely annoying, that's for sure!

#6 of 90 OFFLINE   SteveGon

SteveGon

Executive Producer

• 12,267 posts

Posted June 29 2002 - 09:32 PM

I'll fourth that. Posted Image

I also loathe pop-up windows. Posted Image

#7 of 90 OFFLINE   Rich Romero

Rich Romero

Supporting Actor

• 731 posts

Posted June 29 2002 - 09:48 PM

I also loathe pop-up windows.

No doubt. I also hate watching low budget or classic movies while people like my mom are around. Being 16, they think I'm weird or something. "Why are you watching this? It's boring." That just pisses me right off.
My DVD's "There's no love in fear." - Maynard James Keenan

#8 of 90 OFFLINE   Steve Christou

Steve Christou

Executive Producer

• 14,355 posts
  • LocationLondon, England

Posted June 30 2002 - 02:06 AM

Well I can't complain too much about people chatting in cinemas because my girl Sandra is quite noisy when the lights go down, and if anyone dares to shoosh her, she will retort loudly 'fook oof' whatever that means.

I hate slow traffic (who doesn't?), and long boring queues.

Dave hören... auf, wille stoppen sie Dave... stoppen sie Dave... Mein gehirn geht... Ich bin gefühl es... Ich bin gefühl es... Ich bin ängstlich Dave... Guter Nachmittag. Ich bin ein HAL 9000 computer. Ich wurde funktionsfähig am HAL-Betrieb in Urbana, Illinois auf January 12 1992.

Lord of the Hubs

#9 of 90 OFFLINE   DanaA

DanaA

Screenwriter

• 1,844 posts

Posted June 30 2002 - 04:42 AM

The way some people eat. I can't watch those Carl commercials, "Don't bother me. I'm eating," while the guy is making nostril noises.

#10 of 90 OFFLINE   Rob Tomlin

Rob Tomlin

Producer

• 4,507 posts

Posted June 30 2002 - 04:56 AM

Slow cars in the "fast lane" for no apparent reason (especially when the other lanes are wide open too).

Posted Image

For ordinary men, it's a burning, fiery furnace.

#11 of 90 OFFLINE   Travis Olson

Travis Olson

Supporting Actor

• 936 posts

Posted June 30 2002 - 07:51 AM

Drunks. They are very annoying.

#12 of 90 OFFLINE   Brian Kissinger

Brian Kissinger

Screenwriter

• 1,083 posts

Posted June 30 2002 - 08:58 AM

My biggest pet peeve is people driving slow in the fast lane after having talked through a movie they just saw after they got off of work where they create pop-up windows. Man, that really pisses me off.
"DO NOT float above me while I'm dying in the abyss!"

#13 of 90 OFFLINE   Jon_Are

Jon_Are

Screenwriter

• 2,038 posts

Posted June 30 2002 - 11:09 AM

I'd be interested to see if anyone else agrees on mine:

You're driving, coming up to a traffic light. There are no cars in front of you between you and the light. A bit ahead of you, in the adjacent lane, there are two cars (in the same lane) coming up to the light.

Now...the light turns red. The second (trailing) car in the next lane whips over into your lane - ahead of you - just before reaching the light (so he can be first in line once the light goes green). In other words, he cuts in front of you just before the red light.

Anyone? Anyone?

Jon

#14 of 90 OFFLINE   Todd Phillips

Todd Phillips

Second Unit

• 279 posts

Posted June 30 2002 - 02:31 PM

You know what torques me off...I can't find a theater that doesn't have some sort of audio problems, i.e., one channel is out, a speaker is blown and crackles, the volume's too high, too low, etc....OKKK maybe I have found one once is a while, but it's the one with the broken focus knob and the picture's off center....

there, that's my pet peeve...

also, crusty dried out cheese that someone forgot to seal up before they put it back in the fridge.
"Safe? Who knows what's safe? I know a man who dropped dead from lookin' at his wife. My own grandmother fought the indians for sixty years, then choked to death on lemon pie."

#15 of 90 OFFLINE   Robert_Gaither

Robert_Gaither

Screenwriter

• 1,370 posts

Posted June 30 2002 - 04:49 PM

People not washing their hands after using the bathroom, suggested sales at fast food places (when I order something, don't ask me if I need something else), bose speakers (amazed at how many places I've gone to and people trying to impress me with their sad speakers), boomy car audio (SQ people, then SPL), people not signalling on making a turn, and discourteous people.

#16 of 90 OFFLINE   Jack Briggs

Jack Briggs

Executive Producer

• 16,725 posts

Posted June 30 2002 - 07:15 PM

Not realizing life has passed you by until it is too late. Posted Image

#17 of 90 OFFLINE   MartinTeller

MartinTeller

Screenwriter

• 1,721 posts

Posted July 01 2002 - 02:43 AM

I've got a million pet peeves, but my biggest one is people who write "should of" and "could of" instead of "should've" and "could've."

Drives me f**king crazy!!!!

#18 of 90 OFFLINE   Bill_D

Bill_D

Supporting Actor

• 755 posts

Posted July 01 2002 - 03:29 AM

When I’m driving down a 2-lane street and the opposing traffic is partially blocked by a car or something the opposing traffic whips into my lane expecting me to slow up and/or move over for their benefit. [rant]My lane is not blocked and I have the right-of-way Dammit![/rant]

When people use the public street as their driveway.

When people (my wife) try to simultaneously read the Sunday paper while I have it. It does not matter that the Atlanta Sunday paper is 6 inches thick with enough reading material to last an individual a couple weeks.

When people (not my wife, she’s entitled), ask me if I am I doing anything at some period of time or if I have some amount of extra money. Just because I have some free time or have some money without any immediate plans for it, does not entitle you to it. [rant]Don’t try to bait me up and then guilt-trip me into a corner. My usual answer to these pre-probing questions is a frank, “What do you want?” I’ve been called very rude for doing this. Is it? I ain’t changin’ if it is.[/rant]

People who are intolerant of others because they don’t see themselves in the mirror.

#19 of 90 OFFLINE   Shana

Shana

Stunt Coordinator

• 207 posts

Posted July 01 2002 - 05:26 AM

Quote:
I've got a million pet peeves, but my biggest one is people who write "should of" and "could of" instead of "should've" and "could've."

I have to agree with this one!

#20 of 90 OFFLINE   JohnAD

JohnAD

Screenwriter

• 2,335 posts

Posted July 01 2002 - 06:18 AM

People whose first language is English who don't know the difference between 'they're', 'there', and 'their' or 'whose' and 'who's'.

People who gratuitously abbreviate in emails, such as 'what r u doing'.

Slow drivers. Telemarketing. SUVs.

John.
Most Recent Purchases: The Call of Cthulhu, Count Dracula, The Gravedancers, The Legend of Hell House, Prom Night, Starship Troopers, 28 Weeks Later, Unrest

Currently Collecting: Inu Yasha, Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam

Total DVDs: 1436 Anime DVDs: 776 R2 DVDs: 41 R3 DVDs: 6