What's new

Help! TW65H80 Toshiba value? (1 Viewer)

Dan Szwarc

Stunt Coordinator
I know this is the for sale forum, but I think this is the best place for this question (Ron, email me if you know of a better forum :) ).
I have a 3 year-old Toshiba TW65H80 in near mint condition. it probably has less than 300 hours of viewing on it. it has 2 years left in an extended, covers-everything, warranty.
I am selling my house and the new owners have offered $2000 for it (saving me the trouble of moving it out of the basement).
Is this a good deal? I'd love to upgrade, but I was hoping to get $2500 or more.
Does anybody have any suggestions as to what is a good price to ask these people to pay for my favorite TV set?
Thanks!

Gregg Loewen

Founder, Professional Video Alliance
Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gregg Loewen
Personally, I think you should take the $2000 and run. I'd place its value at the 1000-1200 range. Last summer a lot of places were clearing out NEW 65H80s for around 2500-2800.

IMHO (since you asked) :)

Gregg

Dan Szwarc

Stunt Coordinator
That was my opinion. I haven't looked at the cost of home theater equipment since I bought it and they have come down a lot!

So for $2000 I'm happy! I hope they don't read this thread!!

Anthony Stephan

Stunt Coordinator
Just to reinforce your decision,
I bought a new one (X model) a few months back for $3,000.
Just think of what it's going to take to move it again.
take the deal and upgrade.

Doug_B

Screenwriter
Does your warranty even cover anything that may happen to the unit due to the move? Even if it does, there may be a non-negligible likelihood that something will happen, and minimally there will be downtime and hassle getting repair work done. It's also possible that you'll need it recalibrated (unless it's overdue for one anyway). I saw prices for the 65HX81 at around $2800-$2900 locally late last year, shipped, if memory serves. $2K sounds like an excellent deal to me, and you can move to newer equipment in the fall when it appears that DVI and copy protection will be more prevalent.

Doug

Dan Szwarc

Stunt Coordinator
I am going to seal the deal soon. Not having to move it is a blessing. It is in the basement!

As far as the warranty goes, I got 2 years left and if it did get in the move, I'd change the address, wait a month, then call for repair.

Just moving the 180lb 36" TV was a pain (did that today in 95 deg heat. I've been drinking all day but havent had to take a leak.

Sweating like a pig...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks