What's new

Letterman and Koppel Hooking Up (1 Viewer)

Michael*K

Screenwriter
No, not that hooking up! According to recent reports, Dave is keeping a promise made to Ted Koppel to appear on his show, (though not "Nightline") after ABC's ill-fated attempt to lure Letterman. Dave is tenatatively scheduled to appear on Koppel's new show "Up Close" on July 8th, with Ted returning the favor by appearing on "Late Show" on July 12th. After all the behind the scenes politicking at ABC, these two meetings should make for some entertaining and worthwhile conversation.

DanaA

Screenwriter
I'm glad and respect Letterman for the stand he took in behalf of Koppel when contract renewel time came up. I'm sure it's just a matter of taste, but my taste strongly leans toward Letterman as the best late night talk show host. I can't recall seeing him in the guest seat on any other show. And, could someone please tell me what happened with his campaign to get invited onto Oprah.

Garrett Adams

Supporting Actor
Dave was often a guest on Johnny Carson's Tonight Show. They both lived in the Point Dume area of Malibu and were good friends.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks