What's new

I bought a Barry Manilow CD. Am I going to be stoned in the town square? :o) (1 Viewer)

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
I did something last Friday that at one time, I thought I would never do. I bought a Barry Manilow CD. While shopping at Costco, I found the new Ultimate Manilow CD for $12.50 and decided, what the heck! "Ready To Take A Chance Again" brings back memories of seeing the old Goldie Hawn-Chevy Chase movie Foul Play on cable many times when I was a kid. Anyway, this CD is relaxing and is good for a laugh too. As for the sound quality, who cares?! It's just a fun CD. O.K. Start stoning me!
NP: Barry Manilow Ultimate Manilow :)
Disclaimer: I hope everyone realizes that the title for this thread was offered in jest. It was not my intention to deride Barry Manilow fans.

Jim_C

Senior HTF Member
Don't worry Keith, you're...

Just one guy
typing in the darkness
all it takes is one guy
typing so they read what's on your mind
and when you surf around you'll find that
there's more than one guy
typing in the darkness.....

NP: Take a wild guess.

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
Hey, I think you should get a medal for having the courage to admitting to buying it. That's more than I could do.
But buy an NSync CD and I will show you no sympathy whatsoever. :D

Danny Tse

Senior HTF Member
I get all my Barry Manilow CD's, including "Ultimate Manilow", thru BMG Music Service to avoid the stoning.

BTW, "Ultimate Manilow" was recently certified Platinum by RIAA. Which means a lot of stones will be needed for the stonings across this country....

Zack Scott

Stunt Coordinator
You know...I did the same thing about a few years ago with Barry's summer of '78 cd. I was so distressed a few weeks after I bought it that I wrote a song about it.

Want to read it?

Gere it goes.

"I bought a Barry Manilow CD"
Words and music by Zack Scott
C 1997 8-track Productions music

The world is going to end
It's going to crash in the sun
Every one is going to die
and When It's all done
They'll look in my C.D. Collection
and in their pant's they'll pee
Cause I just bought a Barry Manilow CD

Don't know what was going in my head
No no
If people found out I'd be better off dead
I like one song but I didn't think I'd buy it
Now that I did I think I'll start a riot

But In the end Barry will have the last laugh
Cause probably my son would become a BArry Manilow fan

I bought a Barry Manilow C.D.
Oh woe is me
oh please kill me
I bought a barry Manilow C.D.
I'll do it
Oh god,

Thank you thank you....please tip your waitress

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
I appreciate the humorous responses from everyone. It really is a fun CD, and I'm glad I picked it up.
Danny said:
"Ultimate Manilow" was recently certified Platinum by RIAA.
Well that didn't take long. That just shows you how popular Manilow is. I think there are a lot of closet Manilow fans out there. :)

Mike Broadman

Senior HTF Member
Yes, there are a lot of Manilow fans- unfortunately, they're all middle aged women who also think Kenny G is a brilliant jazz musician. ;)
Once I caught Barry Manilow on The View (no, I don't remember how or why I stumbled upon The View, and it was the only time I saw it). Man, talk about an estrogen fest! I only watched two minutes, but I felt dirty afterwards.
Nothing makes you feel like killing yourself more than getting Copacabana stuck in you head for 3 days straight...

Frank_S

Supporting Actor
Nothing makes you feel like killing yourself more than getting Copacabana stuck in you head for 3 days straight...
Now why did you have to go and say that? :crazy:
I saw him on Larry King Live last week and he was playing short takes of a lot of his hits. Man, seeing him AND Larry King together, that's a sight to behold. I watched the entire hour even though I'm not a Barry Manilow fan, does that mean I'm a closet Barry Manilow fan? :eek:

Brian Perry

Senior HTF Member
"Time in New England" is still one of his best songs
I'll have to correct you there -- "Weekend In New England" :)
Seriously, I have to admit I need a Barry fix once in a while. My favorite song of his is "Could it be Magic," which is actually a pretty nice expansion of a Chopin theme.

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
Mike Broadman,
That is one of the funniest posts I have read here in a long time. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Well done.
Tomoko asked:
Great for those romantic evenings with your new fiance, too, right?
Absolutely! ;)
The best thing about this thread is that I think it will lead to a lot of confessions. :)

Mike Broadman

Senior HTF Member
The best thing about this thread is that I think it will lead to a lot of confessions.
No- everything I listen to is immaculate. I have perfect taste in music. (yes, they'll believe that one, he says)

Besides, admitting to watching The View is worse than anything anybody can dish out!

Tomoko Noguchi

Second Unit
Well at least you didnt say you went out and bought The Baycity Rollers or Eric Carmen. Now that would be going to far.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leif_sauce
Recent bookmarks