What's new

*** Official "MINORITY REPORT" Discussion Thread (1 Viewer)

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
This thread is now designated the Official Discussion Thread for "Minority Report". Please, post all comments, links to outside reviews, film and box office discussion items to this thread.
All HTF member film reviews of "Minority Report" should be posted to this thread.
Since, I closed the previous discussion thread about this fine film, I thought I'll post this link so that any member can quickly review it while participating in this thread.
Thank you for your consideration in this matter.
Crawdaddy

Jay E

Senior HTF Member
The rave reviews I'm reading about this film,(except for Ron's), are making me salivate. I was already planning on seeing the film but now I'm really anxious to see it. I don't ususlly go to films on opening weekends but in this case I might make an exception.

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
Same here Jay. I'm going to hit the theater straight from work tomorrow. I can't wait!

Scott Weinberg

Senior HTF Member
My review will be up later tonight, but Minority Report may be my favorite movie so far this year. (I need to see it again to be sure.)
From my good buddy James Berardinelli's review:
Now that's some high praise indeed!

Guy_K

Second Unit
I checked the times for Minority Report, and found it odd that each theater I looked at only had about 4 showings in a day of the film. Anyone know why that might be? It will be very crowded.

Matthew Chmiel

Senior HTF Member
I checked the times for Minority Report, and found it odd that each theater I looked at only had about 4 showings in a day of the film. Anyone know why that might be?
It might be only showing on one screen at said theaters, but I highly doubt that. If you're looking at Fandango's site or any site that takes their info from Fandango, you might want to check again tomorrow as they usually don't post all the times till opening day of the movie.

After all the rave reviews, I'm going to see the film either tomorrow or Saturday. I can't wait to see what Spielberg has in store for us.

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
I've already purchased my ticket for the 4 PM show tomorrow!! Now I'm just praying that no emergencies pop up at work tomorrow PM... ;)

Peter Kim

Screenwriter
Not sure if people are aware of this little fact (I wasn't) - Minority Report is based on a short by Philip Dick (1956). He also wrote the short story for which Blade Runner is based on.

Pretty fine pedigree...I'm anxiously awaiting this movie. I've never seen so many movies on opening night in one year. This one will probably be added to the list.

Bill Slack

Supporting Actor
A little off topic here...

So I go to buy tickets for it. But I can't buy them for MR at any AMC/GC in my area. What the heck? I can buy tix for it at the Loews and other theaters. I can buy tix for any other movies. No, it can't be that all the shows for the next week at 20 theaters are sold out...

Anyone else run into the same thing and know why? (It's been like this for a couple days.)

Rich Romero

Supporting Actor
Minority Report definitely looks like a movie I will love. I like futuristic city type movies. I loved Blade Runner, Total Recall, and the beginning of Episode II and this looks even better. Spielberg is most definitely at the most interesting point in his career. A.I. was easily one of the better films of last year, even if it was a modern remake of Pinocchio.

Scott Weinberg

Senior HTF Member
OK, my review is up in the appropriate thread. Plus it's on the TOP of the Minority Report page over at Rotten Tomatoes! (I love when they list the critics in Z - A fashion!) :)
This seems to be one of those movies you like MORE a few hours after watching it. Hope you guys have a great time with it!

Kami

Screenwriter
Nice review Scott...I am so looking forward to this flick. Gonna see it tomorrow FOR SURE.

Nick Sievers

Senior HTF Member
Thanks for posting the review, much better than I can put into words :) . You nailed it Scott, its better a few hours after viewing it.

Seth Paxton

Senior HTF Member
I'm not reading yet because I want no spoilers, but this is the only place that I can say that I'm more excited because I forgot that Scott Frank was writing and that I LOVE Get Shorty and Out of Sight (the 2 best Elmore Leonard translations IMO).

I'll be joining the club tomorrow and noon Indy time.

Sarah Temple

Agent
did anyone see ebert when he reviewed Minority Report on his nice little television show? i happened to be watching, and he showed clips from it that gave me intense goose bumps!! he kept showing the combination of classic film techniques and new aged technology and how they are intertwined to make a masterpiece. i am so psyched about seeing it tonight!!!!

Jim_C

Senior HTF Member
One critic here in Boston has given the movie 4 stars. He NEVER gives sci-fi more than 3 stars. He seems to have a biased against sci-fi IMO.

I was thinking that this was a DVD purchase but now I'll be headed to the theater asap.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks