What's new

Ron...please help: re PARAMOUNT (1 Viewer)

Chuck L

Screenwriter
Several months ago, you posted that horror fans were going to be pleased and happy about the upcoming Paramount horror lineup.

Can you please tell me what you were promised as far as what was coming? So far, I have seen very little to be happy about in regards to the product.

While I will be purchasing Friday 7 and 8, the cover add on these makes me believe that the artwork on 5 and 6 were Monet paintings. No added footage, that we have begged for and wrote them letter, emails and phone calls, and even the possibility that no trailers are included this time? WTF?

And do they really believe that sells for My Bloody Valentine are going to be high? The core audience again has asked for the uncut version, the only thing that the R-rated slashed version is good for is aversion therapy at the Christian Group home.

Please add comment to this. I was hoping that we would have something to look forward to. Are there things planned for this, the Friday, series, or is Paramount really trying to isolate the core audience for these pictures?

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Chuck,
First of all, Paramount is not trying
to isolate any core audience. I really
hope we are not going to put the studio
through the wringer because of their stand
on the Friday The 13th series. They
obviously have a reason for not wanting to
add the footage. I'm sympathetic to you guys
who are not getting what you pressured Paramount
to give you, but perhaps they felt that efforts
were needed on other titles.
As far as my statement about Paramount
satisfying horror fans in September....
By now, you have the line-up of what they
are releasing. These are the EXACT titles
many of you were posting in the thread I
responded to. I just couldn't confirm anything
because Paramount had asked that I didn't.
Again, I'm sorry to hear that Paramount did
not bow to the pressure you guys put on them.
I truly believe that if there was clear probable
reasoning for them to do it, they would have.
Finally, I edited your topic header so that it
receives some personal attention by Paramount
who may notice their studio name.

Chuck L

Screenwriter
Thank you Ron for your time and I understand the heading change.

Though I know that Paramount has changed the cover art for many a title, I am at least thankful for many others that the mainstream fair, though cover changes, do get the respect.

While yes, they are titles that many of us requested, they are not in the forms that were requested. That is why people are angry. There are many people here on this bored that have strong feelings, whether positive or negative on this title, nonetheless, what was asked for did not happen. And it isn't like we just started a year ago asking. Friday 7 came out in 1988 and we have asked since the first day for the film to be released in it's proper form. They could at least have given us the work print of the film for Christ sake. That would not have even had to go before the MPAA...release it as a unrated extra.

What is truly annoying though is that it seems that when it comes to horror films and genre titles, we the fans are still seated out on the bench and not even in the back of the bus.

It is not meant in any disrespect to anyone on the forum, to you Ron, or even to Paramount. But the 'pressure' that you speak of...it is only a way for them to garner more money. You put out what people have asked for and you make money. Put out what they don't, why should we bother? Again, Paramount should simply give up their horror titles to a studio that will give the horror films respect, as well as the fans. They are showing that they don't truly appreciate that portion of their viewing community.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Chuck,

All of us have been screaming at Columbia
for their lousy cover art.

They don't care.

I believe that the studios listen to
what we have to say, but in many cases,
will do it the way they deem fit despite
what anyone has to say.

Chuck L

Screenwriter
Thank you Ron for your continued responses on this. I am just so glad that these things didn't happen to the Star Trek series. If you think that we Friday folks are bad...oh my Lord....;)But at least they are getting their Special Editions.

James Alexis

Agent
These are very minor and/or lame horror films. Absolutely nothing to get excited about - with the possible exception of Don't Look Now.

Would be much more interested if Universal were to release more classic horror or Warners release more classic Hammer.

These 1980s slasher films are mostly real garbage and it would be no loss to anyone if they were NEVER released on VHS or DVD.

Thank heavens for MGM who are releasing some good stuff in August and (please note Universal) at a great price.

Walt Riarson

Supporting Actor
These are very minor and/or lame horror films. Absolutely nothing to get excited about - with the possible exception of Don't Look Now.

Would be much more interested if Universal were to release more classic horror or Warners release more classic Hammer.

These 1980s slasher films are mostly real garbage and it would be no loss to anyone if they were NEVER released on VHS or DVD.

Thank heavens for MGM who are releasing some good stuff in August and (please note Universal) at a great price.
Threadcrap. Please delete, Ron.

Ken_McAlinden

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kenneth McAlinden
Wow! My thread-fart meter just registered an "11". First time it has ever saturated. I guess I'll have to recalibrate on the higher range setting.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to "Don't Look Now" quite a lot.

Regards,

Will K

Screenwriter
In response to James, I had prepared a semi-lengthly response, but I won't even dignify it. Sounds like a poor man's media watchdog.

For the record, I loathe romantic comedies, but I don't pick out threads to bash those who like them. It's just unkind.

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron
Completely uncalled for there James. Let's try and grow up a little.
Peace Out~:D

CameronS

Supporting Actor
Now that Paramount is about to release the final Friday the 13th movies on DVD, I honestly believe that they will now look to re-releasing them in a special edition format, similar to what they did with Star Trek.

I could be wrong, but this is what most of the studios are doing anyway. There's always a good excuse to re-release the same title multiple times.

EricCr

Stunt Coordinator
I recently heard a rumor, can't remember where, that after all the Friday movies came out Paramount was considering going back and doing special editions of them starting with the first and working up. Sounds like this may be what will happen with the franchises from now on. Kind of like Star Trek is getting but I doubt they will be as feature packed. Hope the uncut versions come out. While not a big fan of the films I do have to say I went and watched Jason X and enjoyed it for many of the reasons others did not like it. I may have to make a weekend of watching them all having only seen about 3 of them.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
while i agree with james' opinion on slasher movies i still would never say they should nevr be released. i think every movie should be released so even for cult movies that have a very limited fan base. they have as much a right to see see their fav movies as well as people who only enjoy mainstream movies.

poor english but i hope you understand what i'm trying to say:b

Joshua Moran

Supporting Actor
I agree with Cameron. I've heard this rumor as well and pretty recently at that but can't remember where. Maybe it was in the rumor mill over at digital bits.

Justin_S

Senior HTF Member
James' post is pathetic and ridiculous, so I will not even try to reply to it. :thumbsdown:
I like the FRIDAY THE 13TH series very much, and would like uncut versions, BUT I would like to see an uncut version of MY BLOODY VALENTINE even more. In all honesty, I don't expect better versions to be released, because I am a huge horror fan, and almost all of Paramount's horror DVD releases have been extremely disappointing. SILVER BULLET didn't even get a trailer!

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
If you're not interested in any of these titles then don't post in this thread. There is absolutely no need to thread puke!
Crawdaddy

Chad R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chad Rouch
What's so special about these uncut versions? Is it just the extra gore or is there substantial scenes missing like "Halloween: Curse of Michael Myers"? Was "My Bloody Valentine" substantially different?

CameronS

Supporting Actor
I honestly don't know the answer to your question but I do know that there is supposed to be something really special about the uncut version of Part 7.

Dave Anderson

Second Unit
Most of the screaming for 'uncut' versions amounts to minimal footage that was cut. Even Friday the 13th - available uncut on Japanese laserdisc - is missing minimal footage. It's all gore too, most likely cut to get the R rating. Of course, gore is what these movies are all about. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks