What's new

Brian Cox is in X-Men 2 !! (1 Viewer)

X2 will suck. The first one wasn't that good and whats the deal with the characters. How come none of the original characters are not it it. I would like to see Beast and I would like to see Ice Man as an X-men, not a student.

Jeff Rogers

Second Unit
Well give them SOME credit... They are adding Nightcrawler and Pyro, in addition to others making cameos in it. I think the fact that they have 8 - 12 characters in it is an accomplishment in itself. Cut them some slack.... If they threw in everyones favorite mutants half of them would not talk at all, and you would be back here yelling about how they didn't do anything. :)
BTW...Welcome to Home Theater Forum

I think what they really need is a different director. Like what they did with Blade II. Blade was also a good film though.

Jeff Rogers

Second Unit
I liked Blade 2 better also. I guess you're right that Bryan Singer isn't a big "action oriented" director.

X-men is more of a drama piece - with sprinkles of action

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
What do you mean make them? He's no director...

I know that he was at least involved with the production of X-Men 1, don't know about two yet.

BTW...Bryan Cox is a welcome addition to anything IMO, one of the better actors out there.

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
I edited the thread title to correct the spelling of Brian Cox's first name. He's an exceptional actor, who gave one of the truly great (but little seen) performances of 2001 in L.I.E..
Sammy, welcome to HTF. You might want to take a few minutes to review the forum rules and mission statement.
M.

Rob T

Screenwriter
I know that he was at least involved with the production of X-Men 1, don't know about two yet.
His involvement is somewhat limited in all Marvel films. He gets an honourary exec. producer title because he created them and he gets to have a cameo. In X-Men, he wasa hotdog vendor. In Spider-man, most of his scene was cut out, but he was there for about 0.0001 seconds saving a little girl and he's already filmed his cameos for The Hulk and Daredevil. Other than that, he doesn't really have any involvement with the films. He's too busy with his P.O.W. Entertainment company to do anymore though. :)

Phil Florian

Screenwriter
Stryker? What?? I am excited about Alan Cumming as Nightcrawler, though. He has the dash and the absurdity that is Kurt. I was hoping they would avoid the whole Wolverine Backstory, though. We went decades without knowing everything. It would have been more fun to hit up some of the more classic villians (I for one would love to see the Hellfire Club). But it is nice to see Brian Cox in the flick. He is an outstanding actor.

On another note, I like the more drama-oriented storytelling of Singer. We need another frickin' action movie (that uses the Matrix-Hong-Kong-moves'a plenty) like we need another annoying teen sex comedy. X-Men worked (for many fans, obviously not all of them) because he treated it like an epic drama and not a kiddie action film. Here is hoping he can do it again.

Phil

Jim_K

Senior HTF Member
I for one would love to see the Hellfire Club
You're not the only one. I think they would be perfect for an X-Men film. At least the story-line I remember from the Claremont/Byrne era in the late 70's.
BTW who the hell is Stryker?
God I feel like an old fart. :)

Matthew Chmiel

Senior HTF Member
Braveheart said:
I agree 100% with you. I have all trust in Singer that he can pull it off again, especially since the film isn't being rushed through production/post-production like the original.

Jeff Rogers

Second Unit
I think that this go around, Singer and Co. are going to get a lot more support. Especially after them opening weekend Spider-man grosses -- when FOX collectivley smacked their heads and said "damn!! Coulda been us! Had we gave more than a rats ass!"

James Z

Grip
There are *such* good storylines that came out of the Byrne/Claremont era. They used elements of "Days of Future Past" in the first film but the crux of that arc hasn't even been touched yet and then there's the "Proteus" story arc, the amazing "Phoenix" arc and all the great characters that came up during that period, like "Black" Tom Cassidy, Moira McTaggert, the Hellfire Club membership and Arcade. I would hate for however many X films that'll be made to skip over that era.

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
Stryker is based on a character from God Loves, Man Kills. A oversized X-Men graphic novel from the early 80s. He was preacher who started a uprising against the Mutants. I remember it being really excellent.

Matthew_Millheiser

Supporting Actor
This is extremely disappointing news.
Brian Cox was a crappy, loudmouth linebacker, and his infantile antics during the Miami Dolphins years (giving the finger to Buffalo Bills fans, etc.) were an embarassment to the entire NFL.
Not to mention that, when he was acquired by the Bears, he was paid way much more than anything the late, great Walter Peyton ever earned (and deserved).
And I won't even begin to discuss his on-the-air antics on WIOD and his lawsuit against the great Phil Hendrie.
With this news, I am convinced X2 will blow, and blow hard. Why couldn't they have gotten, oh I don't know, David Woodley or Bob Griese? Mark Duper? Even Larry Czsonka!!
That does it. Twentieth Century Fox, Circuit City, $teven $pielburg and $pectraVision can all blow me!!!!!!!!! :angry:
GAHH!H!H!!H!H!H!H!H
-- Matthew "I haven't had my daily shot yet" Millheiser

Damin J Toell

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Damin J. Toell
Matthew: I hope we should read a hidden ;) somewhere in there. But I suppose attacking Circuit City and Spielberg over this makes it pretty clear. :)
DJ

Matthew_Millheiser

Supporting Actor
Matthew: I hope we should read a hidden somewhere in there. But I suppose attacking Circuit City and Spielberg over this makes it pretty clear.
The bit about Circuit City and Spielberg is a spoof of the early alt.video.dvd net days, where pretty much everyone was blaming Circuity City, Spielberg, and Lucas for any and every problem faced during the early days of DVD.

I e$pecially loved how every "S" became a dollar $ign, as if those three entitie$ were the only group$ in the univer$e motivated by the almighty dollar...

$hee$h!!

(Sorry to get so off topic. Going back to me meds now...)

Damin J Toell

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Damin J. Toell
The bit about Circuit City and Spielberg is a spoof of the early alt.video.dvd net days, where pretty much everyone was blaming Circuity City, Spielberg, and Lucas for any and every problem faced during the early days of DVD.
On HTF, pretty much it's the same thing, except without Circuit City. Not a thread goes by where someone doesn't angrily compare something to "Luca$".

DJ

Matthew Chmiel

Senior HTF Member
Brian Cox was a crappy, loudmouth linebacker, and his infantile antics during the Miami Dolphins years (giving the finger to Buffalo Bills fans, etc.) were an embarassment to the entire NFL.
We're you joking about that cause you're talking about a DIFFERENT Brian Cox all together. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hemolens
Recent bookmarks