What's new

What should I buy? (1 Viewer)

Robert Eddy

Auditioning
I have up to $3000 to spend upgrading from my RCA 43'. My location will not receive OTA so Dish Network is my provider. Have been trying to decide between the Sony and Toshiba 57' HDTV ready sets. Any thoughts?

Rob Eddy

Matt Wallace

Second Unit
I'm looking at the new sets from both for the fall with DVI, etc. I have been researching, and been hearing some pretty bad stories from owners of the Sony in regards to customer service when their tv's are crapping out. Not so hot. I'm still looking and reading until the fall, though. One thing I'm hoping for is for Toshiba to go back to 480P upconversion instead of 540P. We'll see.

Matt

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
One thing I'm hoping for is for Toshiba to go back to 480P upconversion instead of 540P.
Press releases came out last week...and the verdict is in, no 480p. There's still going to be upconversion.
Check out this thread for more info.
I'm in the same boat though...only I'm looking at 2500 max, because I'm a poor college student :) I'll be buying sometime in the fall...probably November.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks