What's new

Weekly Roundup 6/18 (1 Viewer)

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
[rant]Nothing for me this week, thanks![/rant]
[c] [/c]
Standard disclaimer: All prices are taken from the websites of each chain, the week of the release (so as to catch any week-of-release sale prices). All prices are subject to change by each chain. Prices and inventory in-store may or may not match the website price. If a price is marked "$_N/A_" in the grid, it means that this title is not shown as available on that chain's website...but it COULD still be in-stores!
[c]
__________TITLE___________Amazon_BestBuy_CrcCity_CostCo_SamsClub
American Psycho 2________$18.74__$12.99__$19.99__$_N/A___$_N/A_
I Am Sam_________________$19.99__$19.99__$15.99__$16.49__$16.98
The Iron Mask (1929)_____$22.46__$24.99__$24.99__$_N/A___$_N/A_
The Majestic_____________$19.99__$19.99__$17.99__$17.49__$_N/A_
Orange County____________$22.49__$17.99__$17.99__$_N/A___$19.48
Rollerball (2002)________$20.24__$17.99__$17.99__$_N/A___$_N/A_
The Saddle Club: Pilot___$14.99__$14.99__$15.99__$_N/A___$_N/A_
The Shipping News________$22.49__$19.99__$19.99__$_N/A___$_N/A_
Sins Of The Father_______$14.99__$17.99__$15.99__$_N/A___$_N/A_
[/c]
* Ah, a week off for my wallet. There MIGHT have been a few for me, but it was killed by the infamous "Modified To Fit Your TV" disclaimer. The following titles are being released this week, and are left out of my Roundup because it is my policy to not include modified items: Disney's Max Keeble's Big Move, Columbia/TriStar's Mo' Money and Mountain Men, Artisan's Maid To Order and Wagons East, and even New Concorde's rated and unrated versions of Restless Souls.
* Best Buy will take $5 off the total purchase if you buy DVDs for both the new 2002 and the original 1975 versions of Rollerball at the same time.
* Best buy will also take $5 off the total purchase if you buy both the DVD film and the CD soundtrack for I Am Sam on the same transaction.
* For those of you wondering what was up with Best Buy last week on Frank Herbert's Dune: Special Edition Director's Cut (BB claimed it was delayed until 6/18, even though Artisan themselves stated 6/11 and most other stores had it in-stock): BB shows it in their ad for $17.99 this week. So, apparently they made the decision themselves to delay shipment for a week in order to present a better price. Most of us already got it for $17.99 at Costco or $18.99 at K-Mart, though...so how did this benefit Best Buy? :p)
* BB is also showing a page in their weekly ad circular filled with various Buena Vista studios' titles (Disney, Miramax, Touchstone, Dimension, etc.), and stating that you get $10 off any transaction that includes any three movies on that page. It's about 20 titles, none of them new-this-week, so I won't list them here. But beware that about a quarter of those titles are pan-and-scan, or non-anamorphic, or just plain bad (2 titles are VHS tapes!). On the other hand, Keven Smith fans will find these on that page: Clerks, Chasing Amy, & Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back.
* On two hardware notes, BB is A) giving away a free DVD of your choice (up to $19.99 value) when you buy any DVD player that is a multi-disc unit...good for the upcoming Pearl Harbor and Fellowship of the Rings extended cuts, eh?, and B) They are clearing out the Toshiba SD-4700 Progressive Scan player for just $218.50. Hmmm....
* Ever wonder why I include so much BB info in the Roundups? Only because they have the most info available via the internet than anyone else does. If someone can point me to better info for Circuit City (preferably an online version of their ad circular, EXACTLY as it appears in the newspaper...when you click on "Weekly Ad" at their website, it doesn't show the sale DVDs there, and if you go to the Movies section you only see the sale prices for new releases, and no info about "deals" or previous releases like you see in the print flyer), then I would accomodate CC fans more! I already have the online representation of the print ads for BB, Target, K-Mart, once a month for Wal-Mart, and whenever they put them out for a few others (like CompUSA).
* Target has a Memorex DVD player for $89.88, if you need one on-the-cheap. They also have I Am Sam and Shipping News for $17.99 (that's the best price for The Shipping News, The Saddle Club (who says I don't include stuff for young girls? ;) ) for $14.99, and Orange County for "Low Price".
* K-Mart has Orange County for $22.95, I Am Sam and The Majestic for $19.95 each, and The Saddle Club for $14.95.
* The Iron Mask is $23.99 at Borders, making it the best price in the Roundup for this one. This is a first, I think: my first silent film in the Roundup! Yay! :) By the way, you DON'T want to know from the rest of Borders' prices this week! :eek: Ugh.
The latest markdowns according to VideoTropics web site (DVD Title/Old SRP/New SRP):
-------------------------
None for the rest of June, but large groups of titles getting markdowns in July and August! Watch for them...

Joe Fisher

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joseph E Fisher
Dave,
Thanks for the link to the price reduction site. Saw some movies that I will be picking up once the price drops.:emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup:
Joe

EricCr

Stunt Coordinator
anyone have prices on "Happy Campers"? I'm trying to decide if this title is worth a blind purchase so if anyone knows of good reviews of it that would be appreciated.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Actually, if you check, you'll see that the link to VideoTropics is posted in EVERY Roundup! It's not like, a secret or anything. VideoTropics' lists are among the best services any DVD website provides! So, support them!!

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Thanks again for the hard work.
Thank goodness, though: this month it seems like I'll be able to save some $$$. :)

Robert G

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks Dave. Only The Majestic for me. Of course that means a trip to Best Buy so something else is bound to jump out at me.:D

James D S

Screenwriter
*pinches nose to stop the stink*

What a blah week.

More kudos to you David for going sticking through it even though you have lack-luster titles to report on. You're work is very appreciated.

Joe Fisher

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joseph E Fisher
Actually, if you check, you'll see that the link to VideoTropics is posted in EVERY Roundup! It's not like, a secret or anything.
Sorry Dave. Have only started reading the roundups for the past few weeks. I've usually read them pretty thoroughly, but for some reason I miss that little line at the bottom.
Anyway, thanks for the time & effort. Keep it up.:emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup:
Joe

Kyle McKnight

Senior HTF Member
The Iron Mask is $23.99 at Borders, making it the best price in the Roundup for this one.
Hey, you're right, when only talking about B&M stores. ;) There's a couple I'm considering this week, but nothing stands out. Gives me a chance to get caugt up on some titles I bought last week (9).

Ed Faver

Second Unit
Regarding Dune, Costco in Union, NJ, had loads of 'em yesterdayat the everyday price of $17.99.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Hey, there's always time to watch an episode of Friends, All In The Family, The Simpsons or Dark Shadows, right? :)

Jodee

Screenwriter
Some additional Cosrco prices (found in store, not listed on web-site.):

The Shipping News - $17.99
Orange County - $19.49

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Thanks, Jodee. :emoji_thumbsup:
HEY! Anyone want the 3-disc "Ultimate" version of E.T. - the box with the 1982 original version, the 2002 revised ediition, plus the soundtrack CD, a script, and a senitype - for just $25.49 + 2.99 shipping? :D
See here!

Alex Morrow

Stunt Coordinator
Just an extra thing about buffy:
I went to Best Buy and the Season Two set rang up at $69.99 so I took it over to the customer service desk. I told them Walmart had it for $42.99 so they price matched it plus the 10% making it about $38 for the set. :) Score. Plus they had Rocky Horror Picture Show for only $14.99
Also, on the Walmart web site you can pre-order the Director's Cut of Pearl Harbor for $23.88 which is something like 43% off the list price.

Ed Faver

Second Unit
Dave-

I know you mentioned Costco in your post, so pay no attention to me. I'm waiting for a doctor to get back from vacation & operate on a ripped tendon in my right arm. While I'm waiting, I'm takingmeds he prescribed that make me forget about the pain...and just about everything else!

keep up the great work. Thanks/Ed

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks