What's new

Dig. Bits has Pearl Harbor: Vista Series review up... (1 Viewer)

Kevin Linke

Agent
It sounds like they really loved it. I do not think that the four disker of Lord of the Ring even has a chance at Best DVD of the Year with reading this, but still should be good. I have a feeling that this DVD is going to be my top one, actually I absolutly know it will be.

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
Glad you liked the review

It really is the best SE of any movie to date

I personally hope for LOTR to top it, simply because it's a great, great film. However that in no way takes away from the excellence of this set.

Any questions, feel free to ask them in this thread

Kevin Linke

Agent
I might be the only one who liked Pearl Harbor more than Lord of the Rings, but I still liked the action of Lord of the Rings as well. Pearl Harbor just hit a nerve with me I guess. But, I hope Lord of the Ring doesn't top Pearl Harbor, just because I am more interested in the actual even of Pearl Harbor more, and really have no intrest in Lord of the Rings anymore than buying the two-disker movie. I will still go see the sequel. I just am really excited about the Vista Series of Pearl Harbor. I hope for you, the Lord of the Rings 4-disker makes you drull as this set is for me.:)

Julian Lalor

Supporting Actor
Wasn't Bay going to cut the ridiculous romance down to almost nothing in the Director's Cut and replace it with more action footage. Pity.

Mark E J

Second Unit
I have a question. Is there any new scenes in the attack sequence covering more aspects of the battle? Like shots of the USS Nevada or the B-17's arriving?

Also does the extra gore include any burn victims? One of the things that always seemed to ring false about the PG-13 cut was the lack of any burn victims since there were so many that day.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Jeff,

Very nice review.

Our review copy is due to arrive today.

I hope to be able to put something together
that's nearly as good as what you have done.

Dan Brecher

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Daniel
Brilliant review, Jeff. Is there a true intermission with music for the film now as hinted at in the early press release, or is the disc break the same as on the old 2 disc release?

Dan

Chuck Mayer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chuck Mayer
Jeff,
Seconding that commercial question:)
Also, in the full trailer, do they still use the internet music (as I expect) or do they use "Journey to the Line"? I ask only because the version I saw in the theater is still one of the best trailers I have ever seen, thanks to that music.
Thanks for the great review:)
Take care,
Chuck

Damin J Toell

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Damin J. Toell
Also, in the full trailer, do they still use the internet music (as I expect) or do they use "Journey to the Line"? I ask only because the version I saw in the theater is still one of the best trailers I have ever seen, thanks to that music.
IIRC, David Prior stated a while back that they were still unable to get the rights to that music, so the DVD will contain the replacement music.

DJ

Jeff Bamberger

Second Unit
widescreen explanation Easter egg
I assume a la Why Widescreen? from Die Hard 5-star. Someone please post the details of this once they know.

I am always curious about these things. I'd like to see it on every single WS DVD and why not on P&S DVDs to explain what you are missing......

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks