Photo

What game is currently sucking the life out of you currently?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
85 replies to this topic

#1 of 86 Oscar_R

Oscar_R

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 346 posts

Posted June 13 2002 - 02:46 PM

I'm in class right now, yet I'm fantasizing about leveling my party up in Final Fantasy Tactics.

#2 of 86 Oscar_R

Oscar_R

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 346 posts

Posted June 13 2002 - 02:47 PM

can a mod remove the redundant "currently" from the title?
thanks, my bad.

#3 of 86 Bill Crosthwait

Bill Crosthwait

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 279 posts

Posted June 13 2002 - 03:12 PM

Halo (just bought a X-box)
Bill

My Collection at DVD Profiler

#4 of 86 Alex Spindler

Alex Spindler

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 3,973 posts

Posted June 13 2002 - 03:26 PM

Oh Dammit. I just realized that I have Final Fantasy Tactics. Goodbye, free time.

#5 of 86 DonRoeber

DonRoeber

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1,851 posts

Posted June 13 2002 - 04:16 PM

I'm playing both FFX and Resident Evil at the same time at home. On the train, I've been working on Castlevania and Super Mario World for the GBA. I'm going to pick up Tactics Ogre, as soon as I can find it somewhere.
Luckily, right at that moment, an unconscious Argentinean fell through my roof.

He was quickly joined by a dwarf dressed as a nun.

#6 of 86 Kelley_B

Kelley_B

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 2,329 posts

Posted June 13 2002 - 04:23 PM

World War II Online

Patiently waiting on Panzer Dragoon Orta....its all I can think about everytime I play my Xbox.

#7 of 86 Duane Robinson

Duane Robinson

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 347 posts

Posted June 13 2002 - 04:26 PM

Moto GP for Xbox is currently making me it's bitch and taking up all the free time I don't spend on here. Being a racing fan this has got to be my favorite game for Xbox. For all you normal people who can play FPS and worship Halo this game is my Halo. This game and games like it are why I bought an Xbox. Racing around a track in the rain with rooster tails flying up in my face and water droplets hitting my screen while thunder rolls in glorious DD 5.1 along with my burned music blaring in the background is just gaming bliss. I guess I've grown out of my action and adventure gaming phase so games like this just give me so much joy.
In the end only the fittest survive in this world. If you are strong you live...and if you are weak you die. I am the one who deserves to live. - Shishio Makoto

What's really gonna make your noodle limp is when you realize that Thomas Anderson is an anagram for "No Modern Asshat".
Deep... -...

#8 of 86 Carlo Medina

Carlo Medina

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 9,449 posts

Posted June 13 2002 - 04:52 PM

Hunter: The Reckoning (XBox)

#9 of 86 Inspector Hammer!

Inspector Hammer!

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 11,067 posts
  • LocationWilmington, Delaware

Posted June 13 2002 - 05:02 PM

'Medal of Honor: Frontline' for PS2. I can't get past that fricken 'Eye of the Storm' level on the German dock and it's really pissing me off! Posted Image

I always get whacked almost at the very end of the level when Patterson (me) has to drop down this hatch and gets ambushed by lord knows how many Germans! It says in the 'Prima Guide' that I have to hit them with grenades, but as soon as I drop all hell breaks loose and they blast the shit out of me everytime! It doesn't help that I can't seem to find any Medical packs at this area of the level either! Posted Image
"That's Jack Bauer!!!!!! He's coming for me!!!!!" - Charles Logan

#10 of 86 Jeff Kleist

Jeff Kleist

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 11,286 posts

Posted June 13 2002 - 05:04 PM

Jet Set Radio Future

Counting the days till Buffy Posted Image

#11 of 86 Chris Bardon

Chris Bardon

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 2,071 posts

Posted June 13 2002 - 05:07 PM

mmm...tactics. that game took a lot of hours from me back in the day (hint-get calculators).

I just finished GTA3, so sort of "between" major games at the moment. Still picking away at Castlevania for GBA (damn hard) and playing through Super Metroid again just for the hell of it. The next big game on the pile is Dragon Warrior 7 though, and I really should finish off Jedi Outcast at some point (stuck on Nar Shadda).
XBox Live Gamertag:ChrisBardon

#12 of 86 shane_watson

shane_watson

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted June 13 2002 - 05:49 PM

hunter the reckoning:multiplayer

#13 of 86 Matt Wooten

Matt Wooten

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 360 posts

Posted June 13 2002 - 06:38 PM

Wrestlemania X8.. this game is so bad.. yet sooo good. Posted Image

#14 of 86 James Zos

James Zos

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 727 posts

Posted June 13 2002 - 06:54 PM

It's all about Hunter: The Reckoning, baby. Like Shane says, multiplayer is the way to go. First console game I ever got my girlfriend to play. Difficulty ramps up accordingly when you add more players, and right now the giant vomiting Teddy Bear is kicking our asses big time. Which is a good thing, because I hear this is a short single player game, and I want it to last.
Also STILL playing UFC: Tapout (single player) months after I got it. I think I'm the only one on this board who really loves that game though.

#15 of 86 Ryan Peter

Ryan Peter

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1,221 posts

Posted June 13 2002 - 07:56 PM

James, lots of people loved the original UFC. They didn't do anything to improve it for the Xbox though, thus nobody is as interested.
"I don't remember much..... Uhhhh...."

#16 of 86 Ryan Peter

Ryan Peter

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1,221 posts

Posted June 13 2002 - 07:56 PM

Right now I'm playing a few games, old ones new ones, it's all good. GTA 3 is taking up most my time though.
"I don't remember much..... Uhhhh...."

#17 of 86 Duane Robinson

Duane Robinson

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 347 posts

Posted June 13 2002 - 08:18 PM

Yup that's how I felt. Actually I felt they actually took stuff out of the game. Plus those cranberry blood droplets just annoyed the hell out of me and showed me how little they cared about improving the game and made me feel like they were just trying to make a fast buck of me. So I passed.
In the end only the fittest survive in this world. If you are strong you live...and if you are weak you die. I am the one who deserves to live. - Shishio Makoto

What's really gonna make your noodle limp is when you realize that Thomas Anderson is an anagram for "No Modern Asshat".
Deep... -...

#18 of 86 Len Cheong

Len Cheong

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 381 posts

Posted June 13 2002 - 08:59 PM

Classic Pacman for DC, can't get more than 50000 pts. Damn!
len cheong

#19 of 86 Andre F

Andre F

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1,492 posts

Posted June 14 2002 - 12:32 AM

I'm torn between Hot Shots Golf 3 and Jak and Daxter for my PS2. I'm also playing a game for my PocketPC called Lemonade Inc, very addicting.
-Andre F
-Andre F

-= Impossibility is a concept created by those unwilling to try... =-

My Home Theater

#20 of 86 Andy Sheets

Andy Sheets

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 2,371 posts

Posted June 14 2002 - 12:34 AM

Morrowind for me. I actually haven't gotten around to playing it since Sunday because it's the kind of game I feel more comfortable playing if I don't have any kind of limit on how long I can play, but since it's the weekend again I'll probably stay inside and try to get another few levels out of my character while not getting enough sleep or nourishment Posted Image

That said, my current "quick fix" game is NBA Inside Drive. Nice thing about sports games is that you can always go back to them because you never truly finish them, and I'm in a basketball mood lately (despite not bothering to watch any of the playoffs this year Posted Image)